HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2012-2013 Season Success Pictures
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
patches2565
Spike

Default I Love Bowhunting

I guess the best way to start would be the 2nd day I got my bow from a buddy for 75 bucks (Vapor 300).

I took it to Cabelas to have the string replaced and being that I knew zilch about bows I said okay to them saying the string was good and they could just "Twist" it. Well at full draw the cable decided to not be good and snapped. I took it back to them pissed off and they took it.
They eventually informed me that I needed a module because I was "overdrawing" I said okay and then they told me that it would take 2 weeks to which I said "HELL NO" I would miss the late season (My first Season). The person there was very receptive and loaned me a PSE 3G RTS. I loved that bow but more importantly I was able to hunt.

Fast forward to the very first morning of late season in Spokane. I was in the blind and the sun was still yet to come up. I heard this bad boy in the corn and then it took off. Worried that I did something wrong I got very discouraged. Well with a crap ton of luck, about 20 mins later I look up and there he is right in front of me about 15 yards out!!!!!!!! Not really knowing what to do at all I drew back ever so slowly while he was eating, masking the bow noise if any with him eating (that might be crap logic but it calmed me down). Well at half draw it looked right at me and I froze. He looked back at the food and took that magical step forward. I got the bow back and all I could think about was the FUNDAMENTALS.

I very much enjoyed the hunt (prep work, dressing, skinning). I know its a relatively small rack but to me its massive.
Attached Images