Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 " Take QUALITY Pictures" .....ones to be Proud Of!! >

" Take QUALITY Pictures" .....ones to be Proud Of!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

" Take QUALITY Pictures" .....ones to be Proud Of!!

Old 09-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: " Take QUALITY Pictures" .....ones to be Proud Of!!

DeerManiac,
Yeah.........shoot a smaller deer, you' re makin' me look bad.

Nice deer and pic!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

I just have to agree 100% with Matt. I have hunted with Matt for quite a few years and we attempt to make ever harvest a memory.
Here' s an example of what we try to accomplish with the camera.....me with my first ever Pronghorn.

This sport is not a numbers game for us but a chance to continue tradition and woodsmanship. We pretty much make every attempt to show each animal the repect that they deserve. So if ever see a photo of myself or matt you can bet that it was some sort of photo session. We should ALL be proud of our harvest no matter what the animal. JMHO>[8D]

Old 09-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Matt - I appreciate the tips very much. A good reminder, for all of us. Every year I have to force myself to take a moment and take some good pictures. I even coerce my buddies into letting me take pictures of them - and usually they are very happy I did.

One example of a bad picture I remember is really such a shame - because it was of an accomplished hunter, but a new bowhunter that took his 1st buck with a bow. He was so excited, and his freinds offered to take some pictures, on the spot when the went to get the deer. When you look at the pictures, the first thing you notice is the " blood up to the forearms" on the very happy hunter. They were so excited - that apparently no one noticed that the hunter had not even had a chance to clean up after field-dressing. The rest of the picture is Great - but it just cannot be shown to just anyone.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:26 AM

Since I hunt alone 90% of the time,what' s the least expensive camera that has a time delay function.Do any of you ingenuous hunters have a way to get a picture of the deer and you with a camera that doesn' t have the time delay feature?Thanks
Old 10-06-2003, 10:15 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Viking,

A lot of point-n-shoot cameras have small infared remotes that you can get for them. Usually they run around $17.00. It' s a lot better than setting a timer and then doing that mad dash to get in the frame.

This is a picture of the two deer I shot saturday morning. The button buck had a nasty gash across his neck and shoulders from someone who took a real stupid shot at him (and that' s being generous). I wasn' t sure if he' d survive the winter with it or not, so I when he offered a shot I sent a Zwickey through his chest.

The doe turned and came back to see what happened, so I sent one through her heart and both lungs. They died less than 20 yards apart, and my 6-year old daughter bloodtrailed them.

The only thing I wish I' d have done different was pay better attention to the lighting on the deer. The fill in flash lit them up a little too much at the rear.

Old 10-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tips! Great Post.