Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Order! Wow! >

Bowtech Order! Wow!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Order! Wow!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Spike

I've been watching some stuff on YouTube about the bowtech factory and it looks like a small operation. Which I recommend t anyone to take a look even if it's not the brand you own. So I guess it's a bit understandable that things are taking a bit longer. Plus i think it's kind of a good thing to have a small factory like that making a bow for you, it almost makes it a bit more custom. Plus in this day it's great to buy something made in AMERICA the way things should be.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Spike

Just an update on the BowTech Assassin. 55 DAYS AND COUNTING. Still they don't know when it is coming in. They keep telling me to call back tomorrow, call back tomorrow and its getting ridiculous. I'm going to call today around 3 and of course it probably won't be there. But i must say that it is a poor way to do business i would want a definite answer for my customer. Which would mean a little bit of leg work calling BowTech and getting some information such as a tracking # ! ! ! I mean this is the 21st century right?

Wow does it sound like I'm agrivated here or what.

I think it's just that it is my first bow and that's what makes the wait even harder. Had i already owned a bow it probably wouldn't feel the same way.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you shop give you an expected arrival date when you ordered it?

What have does the rep (person that your shop should be in contact with) have to say?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Spike

Update on the BowTech order. Still not Innnnnnnnnnn! I called yesterday and they said that because of the holiday and the ATA show falling right around the same time that that has slowed their production down.

So i said ok keep me posted this is getting a little stupid tho. I mean i was almost going to just cancel my order and go down and buy a ****in hoyt and be done ya it would be more money but i don't care. I want to start practicing.

So here's some back story on all of this. My old lady bought the Assassin for me for christmas and we ordered it December 3rd she payed for it so when i sent her a text and said that it wasn't in yet she just about had a heart attack.

So with out my knowledge she calls the archery shop that we bought it from. (Mind you i live in Massachusetts and archery is not the most popular past time so there is only one shop thats a good shop that i can buy my bow at and that's in NH where i bought it. ) And she must of put the fear of god into them or something because we got some real answers now.

She called the shop and said that it was a big expense and that we want to know exactly where it is and if you can't tell me then cancel the order. In as nice a way as possible. So they responded saying that they would call bowtech and let her know back in a few minutes. They called back and bowtech said that they are behind schedule on the left hand models and that the righty's along with the 2012 shipment for the archery shop shipped the wednesday that just past and that mine was shipping out friday (today). Sooooo long story short i should be getting it before the end of next week.

Now that's great atleast i know when it is coming. I didn't particularly want her being pain in the ass to the shop because like i said it is the only one around. But on the other end as far as BowTech goes. . . They should be over nighting this thing to me why should i be waiting if the bow is completed, so that they can save money sending all of the left hand models together? Bad Bad Business practice. Had the bow been shipped within the given time frame then i wouldn't say over night it but where it will be going on nine weeks i think it should be. Just as a nice gesture to a paying customer. And from what i see most people tend to stick with one brand their whole life so you'd think they'd really be trying to keep me.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I think your shop is lacking. Paid in full before taking delivery? No expected date? Sounds like that are pretty small time. Hope you get it, but understand that Bowtech itself likely doesn't even know that they have disappointed you. The shop and or the rep should be to blame for not following up or getting more info. A shop's only as good as the rep they have. I know there's a terrible rep in some of the Northeast who routinely pads orders and lets older bows off shipments to try to get sales on new line bows. It sucks, but he must have dirty pictures of higher ups or something.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should have saved the time and gotten a MATHEWS....lol
Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

BTAssassin, I can tell you that Bowtech has left handed assassins in stock. Nothing about the assassin has changed from 2011 to 2012 so there is no reason in the world that Bowtech wouldn't be able to ship a left handed assassin pretty quick, especially if the shop placed the order at the beginning of December. I ordered plenty of bows from Bowtech in December and I had no problem getting them delivered all the way to Florida.

I think you have been getting the run around from your shop big time. Especially considering your wife was able to call and magically the bow is being shipped today?????????

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-27-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you bigbulls. Something's off here.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Spike

Ya unfortunately I think so too. Like I said though its the only archery shop around and I kinda need them to show me the basics, plus they have an indoor range nd its winter. But still once I learn I won't be getting much there.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Spike

60 Days and Counting! Still nothing they say it will be in by Friday but they have also been saying that since two weeks ago. I've decided that if it aint there by friday i'm taking my money back and i'll go find one some place else. I'm starting to get pissed. But hopefully none of that will be necissary and it will come in sooner than friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.