Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Order! Wow! >

Bowtech Order! Wow!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Order! Wow!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Spike

Glad you got it finally....
Old 02-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of companies have long wait times now for bows....but 47 day is kinda on the long side of things
Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Post the final result. What's the twinge?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Spike

Im interested to hear the outcome of what happened, I'm also interested in what shop in MA it was. I ended up getting my Invasion from Brians Archery in NH. I think it took about 4.5 weeks when I ordered it, they had originally told me about 6 so I was happy when it came in early!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Spike

Default Finally!!!and I love it

Ok so here it goes.
Last week i knew it was supposed to be coming on Thursday or Friday but i couldn't wait so i figured i'd play a little stupid and call and say that I forgot which day they said to call and see if it was there. The gentleman who answered the phone said yes it is! i said ok its a camo assassin 50-60# draw left handed. He says oh ahh it's left handed but its a 70# but your welcome to come and try it. I had had a long day at work and decided i would come up Thursday and try out the 70# if mine wasn't in.

Thursday comes and one of the owners calls me all excited that my bow has just come in and he wanted to let me know right away because he knows how long i have been waiting for this bow. So i told him i'd be up in about an hour and i'd see him then.

I get there i have him set everything up with the sight rest etc, now i finally get to pull it back. I have him set it at 55# and i give it a whirl. AND I COULDN'T DO IT! So we drop it down to 48# adn give it a try and I could do it but it was a struggle it just felt awkward.

(On a side note the guy who was helping me actually bought out one of the old owners, the one who fitted me for the bow and told me what i should get and to stick with a left bow because i am left eye dominant. But he never actually let me pull one back. )

So he says to me are you sure your a lefty? I said i dunno i mean i told him that i am stronger with my right arm but i do write with my left hand and am left eye dominant. So i went with his expert advice. Which was foolish of me i should have tried shooting a couple arrows, but i figured since i was so new to the whole thing i would just trust his expertise.

So he walks over to the big rack of bows at the back of the shop and pulls down a right handed assassin, the only catch is that it's black! Now wasn't crazy about it at first but now i really love it everytime i see it i like it more and more. So i try out the right handed bow at 55#'s and pull it back effortlessly. So what i ended up doing was switching to a right handed bow and i just close my left eye. Which had i known this 2 months ago i could of had that bow then.

The owner did say that they have had problems like this with the old owner and that is part of the reason why he was bought out. Everyone took really good care of me after everything was said and done. But still pretty aggrivating.

I actually bought the bow in NH, but i am not going to say the name of it here because they have been really great to me with all that has happened. No deals or anything but just genuine and take the time to explain anything that i want to know about.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like they had to sell some stuff before they could pay for yours and get it to you. Is there a return policy, if so I think you should take advantage of it. You didn't just buy a bow, you bought service and all indications are your not going to get what you paid for.

I once had problems with a window for a job, bla blah blah, one excuse after another until I said cancel the order, it came in 2 days. I lost a few days of vacation and installed it. When I returned I went to look out the 2 story bay window behind the marble encased whirlpool tub to see it completely shattered, the tempering had problems. I called the company and told them, strictly warning them I'd better not find a scratch. They did replace it some what quickly and in good order. Maybe there were problems with the production of your bow and it too will explode, not like it never happens and then you'll have to return to the shop. I wouldn't want the head ache associated with any item that's supposed to make me smile.

Food for thought.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a long wait....my ex wife ordered a electric pink passion when they first came out with 50-60lb limbs and only had to wait 10 or 11 days.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 AM
Spike

Hey it is what it is. I doubt it will explode there nodog. Plus I would just deal with bowtech they have excellent customer service. You my friend sound a bit paranoid stick to windows lol
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

BT. I hope you really enjoy your bow and you'll shoot just fine. That said, I made the switch to LH because I was left eye dominant. I know what it felt like to try and pull that weight and it started with 3 or four shots a day at 50 then building to 63. FOR ME, it was well worth it and when it was over it felt WAY more natural. Don't be too quick to bang on the guy that gave you that advice.