Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 08-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rumors of Let-off % being revisted by P&Y

Sticks and stones, BF. Sticks and stones. But when you simply deride someone else' s opinion without explanation, it does make one wonder whether you have anything to say on the subject worth listening to.
You' ve been around here long enough to know damn well what my opinion is of P&Y letoff restrictions! And long enough to know that this very subject is kicked around here at least three times every year!

For the record.....record books should be about the animal , not the archer!JMHO!
Old 08-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfanatic, Bravo my friend bravo.

Amen to that.

Brian
Old 08-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a post here, but never mind. It' s pointless to continue. Y' all enjoy your brave new world.

While you can.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:06 PM

You can' t use a " corked bat" or illegal drivers because it gives an undeniable UNfair advantage.
I knew the rule before I bought MY bow...and I bought MY bow be cause I LIKED it. The LAST thing on MY mind when dropping $500+ for a new bow is " will it meet P&Y rules?"
How the H#LL does letting in 80% let off LOWER the prestige. Are the ANIMALS somehow smaller? Was there less scouting? was the 80% let off bow MORE accurate?!?!?!? With 80% let off can you shoot a buck in the foot and have it drop over dead? Or does it leave a glow in the dark blood trail?
Of course not. " Relaxing" the EQUIPMENT standard doesn' t change the HUNT or the ANIMAL.
Obviously, you HATE 80% let off bows for SOME unknown reason. What it is I have no idea. Maybe you just want technology to stop, I don' t know.
What I DO know is that no matter the bow (Fred Bear took Tiger at 90 yards without ANY let off) you still need to be in range, and hit the animal with a lethal shot. And even an 90% let off bow must be held back until you release the arrow for it to work (i.e. not a draw lock or crossbow).
P&Y thanx for what you have done for the sport...but take your rules and shove ' em...I' ll post MINE in Buckmasters I guess
Old 08-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Oh this younger generation of instant gratification I want it now give it to me wha wha wha...no respect for traditional foundations on which this sport was constructed.[:' (]
Old 08-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

For those who think that high letoffs don' t give you an unfair advantage......then why not switch to 65% so you can legally enter " the book" if you want? If you don' t want to enter " the book" , then do not do so....its very simple.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Good point CM...it' s that simple or enter your 99% letoff trophy in Jackie Bushmywacker' s trophy book along with a bunch of other yahoos.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:09 AM

The point is THE REASON THEY GAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They said it was an UNFAIR Advantage......Bull Hockey, shall we list the UNFAIRS?
Portable Treestands
Scent-Lok suits
Sexual Attractants
Release Aids
Carbon Arrows
Mechanical Broadheads
UV sights
Peep sights
Leafy Camo
Double Bull Ground Blinds
Carbon sprays.....
Controlled, Managed, Semi fenced hunting areas

The LIST goes ON and ON with other things that are WAY more of an advantage than a few lousy ounces of LET-OFF!!!!!!!!!
My thought exactly. No need for me to elaborate.

Did any of you supporting the 65% rule read the article. I will parifrase a statment made.
80% of the new bows sold do not meet the 65% rule. P&Y has eliminated 4/5 of there potential members who are archers.

I am also going to look at buckmasters.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

P&Y has eliminated 4/5 of there potential members who are archers.
Totally INCORRECT. 4/5 of their potential members eliminated themselves. The rule was around LONG before this high letoff crap and they bought those bows anyway.

This argument is not about honoring the animal. That' s a lot of manure. It' s about a bunch of guys that want to bring P&Y down to their level because they are not good enough to get an animal in with equipment that meets the current rules.

Bottom line, it' s easier to bring everyone else down to your level rather than strive to achieve.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:10 AM

Totally INCORRECT. 4/5 of their potential members eliminated themselves. The rule was around LONG before this high letoff crap and they bought those bows anyway.
Whatever, samantics (sp?), glass half full or half empty? Both are correct just a mater of prospective. The fact is 4/5ths of the archery hunters are not a potential part of P&Y.

But, the point is, to say a person with a 80% bow only has an advantage over someone with a 65% bow using a scent-lok suit, sexual attractant, release, carbor, mechanical, bait-pile, ect is just silly.

If P&Y doesn' t want the largest animal taken with archery equipment to be in their record books, it is their chose. But their records are an inacuate reprecentation of the archery killed animals. AND THAT IS A FACT.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.