Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fred Bear TRX, Need Help Quickly >

Fred Bear TRX, Need Help Quickly

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fred Bear TRX, Need Help Quickly

Old 08-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fred Bear TRX, Need Help Quickly

Anyone know how good this bow is? I have an opportunity to buy this bow brand new for $235 vs. Cabelas price of $399. I know it is a good price but I don' t know if it is that great of a bow. I really wasn' t looking for a new bow, this deal sorta came up unexpectedly and the owner is moving out of state this weekend. If I want it, I can have it for $235 without any accessories. He bought it but later injured himself and can' t use the bow. I don' t want to buy it just b/c it' s a good buy. I need to know if this is a great bow that i can' t afford to pass up.

By the way, it is the 35 inch axle to axle, not the shorter 32.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:26 PM
nub

Default RE: Fred Bear TRX, Need Help Quickly

Don' t know much about the bow, but I can give ya my thoughts on the " deal" .
Its not a brand new bow unless your the original owner. Its used.
Does it even fit you?
No accesories.
The guys hurt and can' t shoot it.
He' s moving out of state this weekend.
I don' t think the Fred Bear TRX would fall into the " great" catagory. (sorry if I hurt anyones feelings here)

If I thought I had a use for a FB TRX, and it fit or could be made to fit, I' d offer him 150. You can always go up, can' t come down. Never know, you might steal a deal. Depends on how much you want it. You still need a rest, peep, arrows, site, all the trimmings.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fred Bear TRX, Need Help Quickly

tealboy, thats the same bow I got from Cabelas at the beginning of this year, it also has a 35" axle length. I paid $399.00 for it and had the moduals changed out from 75% to 65% to qualify for a possible P/Y. I strongly suggest that if you have the oppurtunity to shoot it than I would recommend doing it prior to buying one. I really don' t have too many bows to compare it to other than a wheeled Golden Eagle and a Black Widow recurve because I am a leftie and living out here I have no archery shops that have a descent selection in stock to choose from. Its a heavy bow weighing almost 4lbs and I find that the bow has a lot of torgue compared to a wheeled bow but it is very forgiveing. I will say that is a good price. I am pleased with the results that I have had with mine, but to each their own. Bobby