Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 How about a Fred Bear bow? >

How about a Fred Bear bow?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

How about a Fred Bear bow?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default How about a Fred Bear bow?

I have been checking out some bows recently, and found a Bearthat I really liked. I have never shot a Bear and I am curious as to their performance, durability and reliability. It is a lot cheaper than some of the other big name bows, so I am wondering if there is a good reason. I currently shoot a PSE and like it, but I am itching for something new. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How about a Fred Bear bow?

PSE what? Bear what? These are not just bows but companies.Both companies make lots of different models in various pricees ranging from about $150 to $500 or more. Neither makes upscale bows compared to better bows in the lower price range. As for reliability (I don't like the term durability) they are all about the same so long as you care for them properly. Performance comes at a price so usually a lower priced bow won't be near as fast as higher end models.
You didn't mention the price range, but there are other bows like the Parker Buckhunter Outfitter from Parker that are pretty decent quality and still won't rip the wallet apart. Frankly I think this is higher quality for the price.
There are lots of others as well.It all depends on what you can afford and what you want out of the bow in the first place. If you need a hunting bow that will be shot at 30 yards or less most of the time then performance isn't really much of an issue. It just gets blown out of proportion. If you want something to shoot 3D/hunting/target then maybe you want something a little faster. Then you gotta spend a little more money, but not necessarily $500 or more. There are lots of bows that do almost as well in performance for half that price.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Default RE: How about a Fred Bear bow?

A friend of mine has an older TRX 32 by Fred Bear and loves it,but if your talking about a WhiteTail then your probally stepping down.