Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anchor point

Old 08-12-2003, 05:15 PM

Default anchor point

hello. i have a question about anchor points. right now i am anchoring with my big knuckle behind my ear and the string touching my nose. this system is usually pretty good to me but i sometimes notice that i am anchoring differently. i was thinking of attaching a kisser button and changing my anchoring point. im not going to do it before the upcoming season but i was wondering if the kisser button is a good thing to use for an anchoring point. anyone that has used it out there some info would be nice. and do you have any solid anchoring tips???? thanks for the help.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anchor point

All I can tell you is do whatever you feel works for you to maintain a consistant anchor point. I' ve never had the need to use a kisser button, but many do. I personally have my draw set so the string touches the tip of my nose. When it does, and only then can I get a clear view through my peep sight. Its very consistant for me. As far as not doing anything before the upcoming season. I think thats a mistake. If you feel your anchor point is inconsistant. That results in shooting problems, and this is time to correct it NOW, before hunting season. Not later. A kisser button isn' t that big of a deal to put on, nor is lowering your draw if your anchored too far back. It seems many shoot with too long of a draw.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:08 AM

Whiskers

I also touch the tip of my nose w/ the string - my knuckle rests behind my jaw bone - and I use a kisser. It creates 3 solid - repeatable anchor points.

Whatever you choose - the key is repeatable.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:32 AM

a kisser button works well for me , the only problem i had is when you wear a head net , you have to cut a hole in it so you don' t have to search around for it when hunting and you come to full draw.[:-]

Old 08-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I been putting my thumb at the end of my jaw/cheek bone and that works for me. The other day my peep sight band snapped by 1/4 inch and i was able to put it back on. Hopefully its not effecting my form any other then my eye placement being little different.