Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what do you do? landowner question >

what do you do? landowner question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you do? landowner question

Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

I say no. I tell them that I have many friends that want to hunt with me and if I let one hunt, it wouldn't be fair to the others.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by portable ladder
You work hard to find and buy a piece of ground on your own. In the process you do everything, build a pond, plant trees, implement a deer management and sanctuary program, existing stand timber management, hang tree stands, plant food plots, mow, weed-eat, etc, general upkeep of the property. For those of you that have or lease land, and even those of you that take care of the ground you hunt, you know what I'm getting at.

2 years in a row, someone you know closely calls you the day before deer season opens and asks you about bow-hunting opening day, which opens tomorrow morning. The last time you heard from this person was the end of last deer season, besides casual meetings/community get-togethers. There has been no offer to help with any work throughout the year on the land, no offer to buy a $20 bag of food plot seed or mineral blocks, etc.

What do you say to this person?

I would give anything to have a landowner like you near me. You would never lack for help. I am fortunate to have a place for over 30yrs. All I have to do is ask permission, but I always offer to do anything for the owner because most landowners here won't let you even if you help because it limited and usually they have others on their land. Maybe I will move near you.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default You'll have to suffer with the fact

you're a rich ol landowner with hunting rights unavailable to the dirty masses. And you'll have to learn to be an old meanie who says no to every exemplary request for hunting rights.

Is your land on the way to those wall street protests ???