Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What is wrong with this doe? >

What is wrong with this doe?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is wrong with this doe?

Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Spike

Default What is wrong with this doe?

Look at her bulging neck area and her bulging vitals area. Then her stomach is done to the ribs. Anyone seen one like this?
Should I put her down? And if I do would you all eat her?
I think she may have parasites, worms , or gout.
Attached Thumbnails What is wrong with this doe?-cdy_0010.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

where are you from? It could be CWD or more likely Hemorrhagic disease. Id put her down asap, and take her to get checked
Old 09-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

I’m not seeing a bulging neck area or bulging vital area? I see what looks like perhaps an older doe that has two nearly grown fawns dragging her down. I’d say it’s impossible to say anything for sure based on that one photo alone. It could be the she’s in the middle of a deep breath, making her mid section appear distorted. Unless you get other pictures that clearly show something wrong, I wouldn’t worry.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't eat that deer. Maybe she is just old, but why risk it?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

I just think thats a old doe that wasn't ready for the photo
I mean maybe its a disease but ya never know. I kinda agree with the deep breath or maybe she's got the hickups or is hawking a loogie. lol
Old 09-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going to have to disagree with the "deep breathe" theory. I think the deformed brisket, skinny neck & shoulder area wash that argument, IMO. Heck, look at the area along the back-strip. Malnutrition/Disease is the direction I'm going.

Shoot her and have her checked out by your local DNR.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna go the malnutrition route. Of course there is no way of knowing. But when you see pics of starving people in third world countries you can see thier ribs and there bellies are often bloated. There is no reason why a deer would not be the same way. I would say that those two fawns have never been weened and she can no longer keep up with their demand for nutrients.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by M.Magis
I’m not seeing a bulging neck area or bulging vital area? I see what looks like perhaps an older doe that has two nearly grown fawns dragging her down. I’d say it’s impossible to say anything for sure based on that one photo alone. It could be the she’s in the middle of a deep breath, making her mid section appear distorted. Unless you get other pictures that clearly show something wrong, I wouldn’t worry.
I dont think she is just taking a deep breath.
Attached Thumbnails What is wrong with this doe?-cdy_0004.jpg   What is wrong with this doe?-cdy_0022.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah after seeing the other pictures its clear she's in trouble. Looks like worms or something.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a deer identical to this on my way to canton oh this week. What's the chances that this is the same deer? I would take a guess that it is starving to death due to an issue maybe with the mouth. Put her down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.