Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Extremely disappointed with CamTrakker >

Extremely disappointed with CamTrakker

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Extremely disappointed with CamTrakker

Old 08-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Spike

Default Extremely disappointed with CamTrakker

[X(]For those of you considering buying a trail camera, just thought I' d let you know of my recent experience. My wife, god bless her, bought me a CamTrakker as a retirement/birthday gift (and given the cost should take care of any future presents...lol...). This was a surprise, by the way. I had been talking about it for a couple of years now, and she went into one of my numerous huntin' mags and saw an advertisement and sent off for it. From time of order to receipt was 3 days. Although I got it Apr., w/work and other committments I finally got it into the woods in early June. Put it up and let it go for 10days (as recommended) and went back to discover only 3 frames. I relocated to another spot, and again let it go for 10days. Same three frames. As I was at least anxious to see what was on the film, I took the camera out and to my frustration was not able to rewind the film and found that the camera was frozen and would not function. I called CamTrakker and after a few questions as to the settings, was told to send it back. I called a week later to see what, if any progress was made and was informed that they had to replace the camera and that they would call when completed, with a tracking number when shipped. Didn' t hear anything last week, so I called today, only to be told that it was in the ' final' testing stage; but that they couldn' t tell me how soon this would be completed and sent back. I also found out that the warranty runs from the time of purchase, and does not start over from the time of replacement. Which means that I only have three more weeks under the terms of the warranty. (So if I' m lucky enough to get it back next week, I' ll only have two weeks remaining to find out if the replacement works properly). Additionally, should I just want to call the whole thing off for a refund, CamTrakker charges a $50 restocking fee!!!! My advice to anyone considering buying a trail camera is to check out the terms of the warranty and return policy; and make damn sure that there is an interest and committment to expedited service after the sale.[:@]
Old 08-05-2003, 07:01 AM

Default RE: Extremely disappointed with CamTrakker

I bought the stelth cam yast year when they were $139. now $64 at wally world. It had C-batteries it got so hot u could not hold it.Sent it back got a new one in 10 days that took AA- battreies works great-takes great pics with 400asa film-batteries last about 3 wks. has lots of settings-left it out all winter no problems.And at that cost if it gets stolin it dosent hurt so bad.Buy the stelth cam next time.