Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Extremely Frustrating

Old 12-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Extremely Frustrating

In the first four hunts of this season here in N. Georgia, my hunting buddies and I saw huge amounts of deer, one day amounting to 50+ deer. Now, for the past few weeks, they have disappeared. I just got back from the property today, and got completely stumped... again. Didn't see or even hear anything. If we don't see anything on one side of the property, we have moved to the other side, and the same result. Even the mexican workers at the farm haven't seen any deer lately.

I'm kicking myself now, because I haven't even taken a doe this year, passing up on several shooters earlier in the season hoping for bigger, better things later in the season. Why is this happening, and where in the world are the deer???
Old 12-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Extremely Frustrating

What are you're temps there now? You should be tailing off the rut i'd hit the food sources the bucks are hitting the food 2 build back up the fat. If i was you i'd hit the major food source and wait. They can easily diappear and repear. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:04 PM

The temps are unseasonably warm, and I don't know if you've heard on the news, but we are in an extremely severe drought. This morning it was low 30's, and by the time I got out it was at least 60. Every stand I hunt is over very thick food plots. I am just extremely confused as to what the heck is going on. With such a great start this season, this is really busting my bubble. Should I maybe try a fawn bleat??

BTW - thanks for the advice, man.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

You just got edgumacted. Question is have you learned? My place is like that. You either take one earlly or you don't take one at all.

Best to have and continue getting more places to hunt. You'll always have something to turn to.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Silly me, I figured 600+ acres would be plenty.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Has there been any talk of people finding dead deer around water sources? Here in Md we had drought conditions, not as severe as yours, and blue tounge took it's toll on loads of deer in certain area. Iheard of one guy who walked a creek bottom in Oct. and found more than 50 dead deer. I found a bull of an 8 point that was in a creek that appears to have died of this (no visible wounds).
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 AM

Wow, no I haven't heard seen or heard anything like that. I'm thinking it may be the temperatures changing so much. This past weekend it was in the 60's, and now it's in the 40's. This crazy Georgia weather is complicated to figure out, and makes deer hunting much more difficult some seasons.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just going to suggest that, find the water source and you'll find the deer.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its the temps, same thing happened on my private property i hunt during the weekdays, except i took two bucksoff the at the beginning of general gun season. When the temp fall, i see deer everywhere. Ifits warm, you can forget seeing deer.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: walker12

In the first four hunts of this season here in N. Georgia, my hunting buddies and I saw huge amounts of deer, one day amounting to 50+ deer. Now, for the past few weeks, they have disappeared. Even the mexican workers at the farm haven't seen any deer lately.

I'm kicking myself now, because I haven't even taken a doe this year, passing up on several shooters earlier in the season hoping for bigger, better things later in the season. Why is this happening, and where in the world are the deer???
I would check with the Chicono's ....maybe thier killing them and sending them back to Tijuana

dd

Quick Reply: Extremely Frustrating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.