Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Target Panic-Finger Shooter >

Target Panic-Finger Shooter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Target Panic-Finger Shooter

Old 08-04-2003, 03:09 PM

Default RE: Target Panic-Finger Shooter

Any ideas on how i can stop from pulling it to the right when i shoot?
I did the same thing for many years so I know exactly what you are talking about

The pulls left or right are caused by flinching. If you are " telling" your finger to " tap" the body soon conditions itself to expect the shot and will often react to it.

It happens so quick you don' t notice it but it is happening

If you are reluctant to really use the " back tension" than I would recommend a slow pull or pressure over a tap. Get the trigger off the tip of the finger and well into the finger and squeeeeeze it as you aim.

To take it a step further - once you are settled into the x, and your finger is into the trigger - slowly rotate your draw elbow towards your back - pulling your finger into the trigger and releasing it.

The next step is to rotate the elbow by squeezing the large muscles of your back and moving your shoulder blades together.

A true surprise release will scare your socks off the first few times - the bow will jump and you will jump - but the arrow ------- in the X

So many guys " me included at one time" can not hold on the target and are forced to drive by shoot[X(] - hitting the trigger as the pin briefly crosses the X - things only get worse from there

I know of no other way to solve this problem, other than to learn a surprise release.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Target Panic-Finger Shooter

Rack,

Yeah i' ll definetly try out those steps you mentioned. Thanks [:-]