Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Finger Shooter Inc.

Old 09-18-2002, 07:47 PM

Default Finger Shooter Inc.

Hey guys im not a release fan. I can shoot with a release but can shoot to kill with fingers. My prob is that when season comes my hands gonna be in the cold because my glove gets in the way when i shoot. anyone got any suggestions

Old 09-19-2002, 05:26 AM

Default RE: Finger Shooter Inc.

I'm confused!
You say your glove is going to get in the way when you shoot and your hand cold?
Please explain this a little bit more.
Thanks (also a finger shooter)

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:20 PM

yeah sorry ill explain . In other words im askin what do other finger shooters where when they have to choose between numbness and accuracy. i know i want accuracy but im just wandering what other people use
Old 09-20-2002, 06:06 AM

I am still alittle confused as to what you are asking.
Do you shoot barehanded with nothing on? No glove, no tab?
I use a 3 fingered shooting glove that velcros around my wrist. I also always wear camo gloves under this. When it gets colder (below freezing)I wear a thicker pair of insulated glove liners under the camo and the shooting glove.

I also dress in layers being more concerned about keeping my feet and hear warm. Keeping my hands warm is a state of mind to me and not that important as my head and feet.
I hope this helps!

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!
Old 09-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

I use a hand muff made by Hot Hands.

It is simply a hollow tube open on both ends for your hands to slide into and has a place for the air activated hand warmer packs.

I hunt into January with temps sometimes in the teens and never wear more than camo mesh gloves on the coldest days.

I wish they made one big enough to climb into on some windy mornings

Old 09-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always shot with fingers too and had the same dilemma. Two solutions I use are: 1.) Stuff a child's stocking-type headcovering in your shooting side pocket and keep your hand in there when not in use, or 2.) get a good pair of insulated gloves and just remove your hand from one before you need to shoot.

I have also seen some mittens that you can buy that have a "flip-top" over the finger portion. You can quickly flip the finger part open and it stays out of the way with velcro. I can't remember who sells them, but it should be easy to make one out of a normal mitten.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:07 AM

I too am a die hard finger shooter. I also use muff w/a hot hand pck in it.Its the best I think to keep your shooting hand warm. And I also use the muff for a pocket for my safety belt when walking to the stand. I live in northern MN and beleive me it gets cold up here I hunted last year in ten below 0.I do also ware fingerless gloves I cut the fingers down on my tab hand,I also have a pair of gloves that has a mitten that folds over the fingers I also trimmed the fingers down on my tab hand. The dispoable hot packs are the best they last up to 6hrs.And work in pocket or muff
Good Luck Hunting.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

I use a tab(or bare fingers) when it' s warm, regular cloth hunting glove when it' s cool, and when it' s very cold i use a stiff insulated glove,swede leather(hate to have to find another pair). Cloth glove should be snug but not too small.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I simply use a thin insulated glove-thinsulate. Slide my tab over the glove, it works, and keep my hand in my coat pocket.