Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? for 5 Shot

Old 08-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default ? for 5 Shot

5 shot,

Have you ever compiled a list of the best broadheads that you' ve tested over the last few years ?
Like a top 10 for instance or however many ?
I always enjoy reading your test reports on broadheads and appreciate it greatly.
You sure save a lot of time and expense for everyone else incurred at your own expense and time.
I realize, I can do searches but a list of your top broadheads and their scores from your tests would be nice.
Thanks.

Sag.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? for 5 Shot

I have not really made any sort of lists, although I do have my personal favorites. I kind of hate to do something like that due to the many variables in peoples equipment. What works great for me and my 70 ft/lbs of KE may not work to well for my wife pushing 35 ft/lbs. I know thats extreme comparison, but it makes my point. I am currently working on a booklet to put out now. I know most people can get the tests off the internet, but the booklet hopefully will have all thes tests done until that time, as well as some tuning tips, and some other useful information. I want to work it out so it can be udateds once or twice a year as well. Another problem with lists is that some very good heads can be left out. I don' t care who makes a broadhead, I just want to use the best I can find be it Muzzy, Magnus, or Kroger brand
Old 08-04-2003, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

5 Shot,

Thanks for the reply.
When you finish the booklet, let us know.

Sag.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will do that. I have so many things going on it' s kind of crazy right now! I hope to at least get things in the planning stages soon though.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chris,

That booklet/pamphlet would be an excellent idea. I am sure the local shop would love to have something like that on hand to show folks.

Let me know as well.

Frank
Old 08-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Frank. It' s slow going as I am so far behind on my tests and writting up my reviews it' s not even funny! Good to see you floating around the boards again. I was wondering where you have been.