Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for a Ladder Stand..any help? >

Looking for a Ladder Stand..any help?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a Ladder Stand..any help?

Old 07-24-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Looking for a Ladder Stand..any help?

I have been looking around for a ladder stand that is both comfortable and not going to completely break my pocketbook. Any suggestions and why?
Old 07-24-2003, 04:02 PM

Default RE: Looking for a Ladder Stand..any help?

Just bought one off of ebay. Hunter' s View 15 foot with arm rests and shooting rail for $60.00 plus $19.99 for shipping. You can get the same one from Sportman' s Guide (which is same company from ebay) for $64.97 without the ebay hassle. Check it out.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spend about $40, and build my own out of pressure treated 2x4' s, and deck boards. They obviously aren' t too portable, but I like to use them as permanent types, that I can move if need be for the upcomng season. Plus I leave one in my backyard to shoot out off. I usually make 12ft ones.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:55 PM

Picked up 3 at Cabelas for $60 each. They aren' t the greatest but they will deffinatelly work well for bow and early gun hunting. I set them up on the land a few weeks ago. I did place two lag bolts under the top of the stand to make sure that it doesn' t slip down the tree when I stand on it. (they are on poppel trees that are sort of skinny and slick)

Just a suggestion pick up some rubber coated hooks at your local hardware store. I screw in 2 or 3 in the tree. I can hook my bow, rattlen' antlers, back pack, etc on them. I also tie on a length of nylon rope with a loop on the bottom. I use it to pull up my bow. Last thing is that I have two wraps of climbing rope with a HD carabiner on it for hooking my harness to. When I get to the stand it takes me very little time and effort to get in and get ready. I do this on all of my climber trees also. then I don' t have to work on much when I get up in the tree.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:50 PM

the remington ultramag is good, a bit heavy but 20 feet high.