Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowtech Destroyer 350 problem? >

bowtech Destroyer 350 problem?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech Destroyer 350 problem?

Old 12-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

Apparently the late 2010 and all the 2011 models have a deeper groove around the lobe, this will help prevent derails in the future.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you don't torque the bow when you let it down then the string won't roll off the cam. The problem isn't with the bows (destroyers or monsters) It's with the people shooting them.

You see this all the time with youth bows. Kids have a real hard time not torquing a bow when they let the string down and are always causing the string to jump the cams.

Last edited by bigbulls; 12-25-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very True! When you work in or own a shop you see this a lot. Like bigbulls says it's not the bows fault.

Dan

Originally Posted by bigbulls
If you don't torque the bow when you let it down then the string won't roll off the cam. The problem isn't with the bows (destroyers or monsters) It's with the people shooting them.

You see this all the time with youth bows. Kids have a real hard time not torquing a bow when they let the string down and are always causing the string to jump the cams.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Very True! When you work in or own a shop you see this a lot. Like bigbulls says it's not the bows fault.

Dan
Then explain why BT has changed the cam design?

If a hunting bow can not handle a small amount of torque then a little more R&D is needed after which they may modify something, ie the cam lobe groove.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Then explain why BT has changed the cam design?

If a hunting bow can not handle a small amount of torque then a little more R&D is needed after which they may modify something, ie the cam lobe groove.
I thought we explained this question above?

It's not a small amount of torque. It actually takes quite a bit for the string to roll off the cams in the way that the destroyers and monsters were originally designed.

People torque the bow. Some torque the bow a lot. If you torque the bow enough when you let it down then the string can roll off the cam. It's that simple.

Mathews also changed the cam and deepened the grooves to keep inexperienced shooters from breaking their bows.

Bottom line is that people are people and no amount of R&D can figure out every single thing that people can do to break something that has previously worked flawlessly during the hundreds or thousands of hours it took to design a given product. There will always be some people that can break anything no matter how much R&D went into a product.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Bottom line is that people are people and no amount of R&D can figure out every single thing that people can do to break something that has previously worked flawlessly during the hundreds or thousands of hours it took to design a given product. There will always be some people that can break anything no matter how much R&D went into a product.
Agreed, just look at people who destroy bows by dry firing them....
Old 12-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Spike

Yet another derail on a D350 on AT today from an experienced bowhunter.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had mine since September and have shot it a lot. I have drawn it back and let down many times without a problem.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if the people are over bowed and then, when letting down, can't control it enough and get the string jumping off of the cam. I have seen some "let downs" that look down right dangerous with the speed and uncontrollability that they happen.

This is just my opinion but, if you can't let down at the same, or slower, speed that you drew back then you are overbowed and should consider a lower draw weight. An even better measurement is to let down halfway and then redraw and reanchor.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

The latest one was reported to have happened whilst drawing the bow by an experienced bowhunter, he was not at full draw or letting down when it happened.

If it was isolated cases across different brands and models I could understand the knee jerk reaction to say it is user error. But it seems to be limited to the D350 set to certain parameters. This IMO is what changes it from user error to something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.