HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   bowtech Destroyer 350 problem? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/336652-bowtech-destroyer-350-problem.html)

Bluetickhunter 12-19-2010 07:53 AM

bowtech Destroyer 350 problem?

Ok guys and gals i just got home from afganistan went muzz. hunting in ny filled my tags right off the bat. Then my buddies went late season bow hunting and i sold my bow before i left so i went home 3 days earlie. Well i walk into the bow shop that day and say ok time for a bow bought a destroyer 350 got it all set up we got my 30yrd pin sighted in thing is a tack driver i love it. Well got home 20 arrows later was at full draw and was letting it down when the string jumped off the cam and wacked me good wrecking the string but the bow itsself was all right. Bring it to the shop they say its a problem they have been having the bow had a custom string on it when i got it from them so no warrenty now gotta buy a new string.No biggy just stinks and the shops been great as far as helping me out and getting it done quick as im heading back christmas day to afganistan and was gunna try to have it sent over if my command will let me. Just wondering if anyone ealse had had problems or know about this problem they say its been happening so idk also if this has been beat to death im sorry i just got home. Also if anyone Knows a fix let me know:)

Spc Matthew Connor
181 Infantry
Afganistan

aaronu. 12-19-2010 11:45 AM

Eventhoughthis isn't related to the destroyer, I just wanted to say thank you for what you are doing. Hopefully you will be allowed to have your bow sent over.

early in 12-19-2010 01:41 PM

I don't know about the bow situation, but stay safe over there. Thanks for your service, and have a good Christmas!

MOhunter46 12-19-2010 02:22 PM

A lot of people on archery talk have had problems with the 350 derailing. IDK if its from a flaw in the design of the cam, user error, or maybe a little bit of both. Just try not to torque the bow at full draw or when letting down the down. Hope this helps and thanks for your service!

Bluetickhunter 12-19-2010 05:13 PM

thx yall means alot yea i guess ill just have to be carful with it

crenshaw 12-20-2010 10:33 AM

Yeah its a design flaw, the cam should have far deeper groves. If you have the chance take a look at other compariable bows and compare the depths of how far down the string sits on the top of the cam....I know Mathews admitted to having this same problem when they were conducting their R&D on the Monster but i guess they were able to correct the problem before production. I hope Bowtech can correct this issue.. I know that bows of that nature can torque to extremes.

Try installing a torqueless grip, it might help keep you from torquing the bow when you draw and shoot. I know with my monster when i installed a torqueless grip it improved my groups as well.

And thank you very much for you service to this country, be safe over there and watch your 6!

BIGBUCK17 12-20-2010 09:41 PM

first of all thanks for your service!! and about the bow its because you torqued the bow enough when u let it down to roll the string off the cam. If you have to let it down do it as slow as possible and try not to torque the bow and it shouldnt come off. Ive seen 2 different people do that on a new hoyt this week and have had probably 10 other bows come in cause the string jumped the cam and needed to be put back on. Its not just the destroyer it can happen to any bow.

Bluetickhunter 12-23-2010 08:02 AM

thank you good to know it isnt just the bowtech thx

Valentine 12-23-2010 01:19 PM

Good Luck

Good thing you weren't shooting at any Taliban at thirty yards.

You don't think those Taliban invented those bows? Maybe its a new kind of explosive charge?

MeanV2 12-23-2010 05:24 PM

Local dealer told me he has sold close to 100 Destroyers and hasn't had one come back derailed. I have seen a Destroyer derailed but I've seen several other models and makes as well.

Too long a draw, too much poundage, and/or torquing on let down are usually culprits. Short A to A bows with big cams are easier to derail than some other design.

I have shot the D-350 quite a bit and have never had it derail. I have even tried to purposely derail it while at full draw but as far as I am concerned it would be impossible.

On let down? I'm sure that's a different story!

You stay safe over there! We all appreciate your service! :)

Dan