Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
my first experience! >

my first experience!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my first experience!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Spike

Default my first experience!

well ive been hunting public land this year, and being my first year i havent seen a deer yet so i was getting bummed. i have a family friend with a small amount of land that he said i could try out, he says he sees deer alot so i figured id check it out. i watched this week from the road and a big doe would walk this tree line going from east to west right at dusk every night. so i set up on the ground hiding in some thickets, i was gonna let her pass and take my shot. well today she wasnt there. im facing the field with thickets and tall grass to my back, and i hear something walkin. sounded like a coyote sneakin around and it was close. i look to my 6 and dont see anything. then i hear a snort. look back around and this big doe is staring me down shes about 8 yards away. shes stompin and snortin and just standing there. i waited for her to turn around and when she did i stood and drew back, and when she gave me the shot at about 25 yards i took it. but i ended up hitting the thickets in front of her and did not connect. lesson learned on that one but what a first experience! i thought my heart was going to come out of my chest! good luck to everyone this season!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Man that thumping heart is one of the best feelings in the world! Wait until Mr. Big steps out and you watch your arrow hit him perfect. You just think your heart was beating for that little doe!
Just hang in there and keep putting in time in the woods. I would wait a few days and go back and get that doe. She knows too much now, you can't leave loose ends like that!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Spike

well i picked out another spot an 1/2 mile away, sittin on the ground, thought i had an awesome set up. then all of a sudden a decent 6 pointer jumps out of the tree line im on about 60 yards to my north and hauls a$$ threw the field into another one. i made no noise, wind in my face. so far im definitely not quittin my day job to be a deer hunter! i need some luck thats for sure