Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Newbie Question

Old 07-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Newbie Question

don' t clip the release to the string until you' re ready to shoot
Whats a good way to keep your release out of the way (assuming that you leave it around your wrist) until you need it.

[quote]I made the mistake of having the top half of my climber too high and when I tried to draw, my lower limb was hampered by the safetly rail.[quote]

Now that sounds like something that would happen to me. I tend to have my top half a little higher.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:04 PM

Default RE: Newbie Question

One thing I can add is to be comfortable shooting from all positions, practice shooting all around your stand and standing and sitting. If you practiced all year while standing, and a big buck catches you off gaurd while you are sitting down, attempting to stand up would probably send him into the next county. One thing to thing about when hunting whitetail deer is to expect the unexpected, and more important than that is to be prepared to handle these situations.