Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-27-2010, 03:34 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Funny thing is that the crossbow hunters around the country are doing exactly the same thing that Roy Case was doing back in the 30's.
Lobbying for their "weapon of choice" be legalized through out the country.
They are legal in almost the whole country with special permits for the disabled and elderly. I heard in DC some are lobbying for late term abortion. I know its murder, but they are. I heard in DC some are lobbying for homosexual marriages. I knows wrong and abomination to God, but they are.

Just think... If Roy Case hadn't lobbied the Wisconsin government for an archery only season we might still have an anything goes season today.
It wasn't anything goes in alot of states. Roy had to have a special permit for him to use a bow. He was very much against the use of crossbows.
http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/...=1&key=&#75076

Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by cjgjr
To- the Rev and bigcountry,

LOL,A wanna be guitar player?LOL

This wanna be guitar player was able to retire comfortabley at the age of 37!!
Good for you. Not sure how it ties in to arrowguns.

And Nugent is fighting for your rights everyday.Weather you like him or not.
And has done more for archers and sportsmen and women and children hunters.That you would NOT even dear to do or volunteer to!!So dont bash him,thank him.Hes fighting for you and spending thousands to do so!
Thats very debatable. Sometimes I agree, and sometimes I think he does more harm than good.

WoW,.Its sad,But because of unsportsmenship hunters like yous,with the PETA MIND FRAME,
I am leaving this site,
Wow, this is 180degree twist to the advise you slung at me a day ago. First it was make friends not enemies, now, its this.

Hopeing you will let the lord into your lifes someday...
And stop being just a sunday christian but a everyday christian..
Remember we are only on this earth for a short time,we are remembered by the ones left behind,by the good we do,and how we treat one another...
How judgmental. You can see others hearts and soul like God can?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
They are legal in almost the whole country with special permits for the disabled and elderly. I heard in DC some are lobbying for late term abortion. I know its murder, but they are. I heard in DC some are lobbying for homosexual marriages. I knows wrong and abomination to God, but they are.
So tell me what God thinks about crossbow hunting. I've yet to see anything in the bible that says thou shalt not hunt with a crossbow. You base abortion and homosexuality as wrong because the bible says so and try and compare them as the same as xbow hunting. Show me where it says the vertical bow is good and the crossbow is a sin. Abortion and homosexuality is sin becusae God said it was but xbow hunting is nothing like those two and is only your opinion. I'm pretty sure you don't have the authority to ad sins to Gods list.

Your logic is much like whats use by the Westboro Baptist Church. They protest the funerals of solders because they say God hates homosexuals. Your logic is in line with the same hate they spread.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
What really gets me is that I truely don't care if they legalize the xbow,I just think it should have its own season.And Kybucky,you say that they should be allowed in bow season.
Well I don't think so! And the way I see it, crying about the fact that bow season is so long,and we only think xbows should have a week or two, and after bow season and what ever eles is crazy.I mean there are still alot of states, including my state,where they are ILLEGAL without a handicap permit,so I would think that a week or two of LEGAL use is way better NONE!!!

You want your cake and to eat it too,but you think its wrong for us to want the same.That is sooo hypocritical!
So how do I want my cake and eat it too ? I want everyone to have some cake. You and the others want all the cake to yourself (unless you are handicap. ) You think its fine to "give" them a week or two like you are doing them a favor.

I've also never cried about bow season being long. I bow hunt so why would I want it shortened ? I said bow hunters have extremely long season yet can't stand if someone else gets to share it.

If you don't care if the xbow has its own season then whats the problem? They have their own season and it just so happens it the same length as bow season. Problem solved.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cjgjr
To- the Rev and bigcountry,

LOL,A wanna be guitar player?LOL

This wanna be guitar player was able to retire comfortabley at the age of 37!!
A wanna be,would be yourselves,Thinkn you are defending your sport,when all you are doing is giving it a bad name(thats a wanna be!)
And Nugent is fighting for your rights everyday.Weather you like him or not.
And has done more for archers and sportsmen and women and children hunters.That you would NOT even dear to do or volunteer to!!So dont bash him,thank him.Hes fighting for you and spending thousands to do so!
WoW,.Its sad,But because of unsportsmenship hunters like yous,with the PETA MIND FRAME,
I am leaving this site,
Hopeing you will let the lord into your lifes someday...
And stop being just a sunday christian but a everyday christian..
Remember we are only on this earth for a short time,we are remembered by the ones left behind,by the good we do,and how we treat one another...
Padnar, you don't know squat about me, or what I do! I just don't make a god out of old guitar players that really weren't that good. Ted sold some records back in the day; I took time off my music to spend two tours in Viet Nam. I did retire from music at 45.
I respect what Ted does for our troops, I'm just not going to put him on a pedestal like a lot of people do!
While you’re thumping the bible, remember that God is no respecter of persons!

You can put me down when you’ve walked a mile in my shoes.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
So tell me what God thinks about crossbow hunting. I've yet to see anything in the bible that says thou shalt not hunt with a crossbow. You base abortion and homosexuality as wrong because the bible says so
No, I know that abortion is wrong because you are killing someone, and homosexuality is wrong on so many levels. Knew this long before I accepted Christ. Just common sense, when one man wants to stick his pecker in a sewer, its not only wrong, but dangerous, nasty and a sin. Common sense is at an all time low in your area, isn't it?

but xbow hunting is nothing like those two and is only your opinion. I'm pretty sure you don't have the authority to ad sins to Gods list.
I sure don't, but it seems your trying.

My, KyBuck logic is much like whats use by the Westboro Baptist Church. I, KyBuck protest the funerals of solders because they say God hates homosexuals. My logic is in line with the same hate they spread.
Actually, your logic is more inline with westboro baptist. I explained clearly to you several times that the argument you use to say arrowgun is ok in archery season is the same as homo's and abortionist use. So actually, your logic is inline with them.

Thought I saw your goofy head out picketing funeral of dead soldiers with your wife and kids. I was right. Thats a horrible thing to do to those people

Again, 66 pages and still following. Your like a puppet. Dance boy.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-27-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

So how do I want my cake and eat it too ? I want everyone to have some cake. You and the others want all the cake to yourself (unless you are handicap. ) You think its fine to "give" them a week or two like you are doing them a favor

Well,lets see xbows are not legal in every state! And giving them thier own season,if only a week or two IMO is a kinda like a favor!Or we can try to keep them out of the states where they currently are illegal!

I've also never cried about bow season being long. I bow hunt so why would I want it shortened ? I said bow hunters have extremely long season yet can't stand if someone else gets to share it.
With thier own season we don't have to share!
Rifle and muzzleloaders don't share the same season, so why should bows and xbows? IMO its the same difference!

If you don't care if the xbow has its own season then whats the problem? They have their own season and it just so happens it the same length as bow season. Problem solved.
No problem not solved.That is your OPINION on how to solve the problem. And its my OPINION that they should have thier own season!
But you refuse to let anyone state there opinion,you just come back with why YOUR opinions are right, and our opinions are wrong!
The fact is OPINIONS and or personel experiences are just that, and are subject to the interpretation and the comprehension reader!

And to be totally honest,I live in Wv where xbows are not legal(except for hanicapped)and you live in Kentucky, and this thread has to do with MD,so its my OPINION that Bigcountry who lives and hunts MD. has the right to more opinions then you or I.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
No, I know that abortion is wrong because you are killing someone, and homosexuality is wrong on so many levels. Knew this long before I accepted Christ. Just common sense, when one man wants to stick his pecker in a sewer, its not only wrong, but dangerous, nasty and a sin. Common sense is at an all time low in your area, isn't it?

Actually, your logic is more inline with westboro baptist. I explained clearly to you several times that the argument you use to say arrowgun is ok in archery season is the same as homo's and abortionist use. So actually, your logic is inline with them.

Thought I saw your goofy head out picketing funeral of dead soldiers with your wife and kids. I was right. Thats a horrible thing to do to those people
You are a chicken crap coward for even bringing up my family in your post. It just shows you are not a christian and know nothing about Gods word. And yes I know your heart well....you show it to everyone here with your actions. Just saying you are a christian doesn't mean anything.

The fact you compare sinners to someone who just thinks a person has the right to hunt with a xbow show you twisted mindset. Homosexuality and abortion is a sin....freedom to choose a crossbow is not a sin or immoral in any way....you just don't like it because you are selfish. If you can't distinguish the difference then you are dumber than you look.

"If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless." Hilarious that you use it as your signature and blatantly go against it.... you are deceiving your own heart....what a hypocrite.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
bigcountry

You are a chicken crap coward for even bringing up my family in your post. It just shows you are not a christian and know nothing about Gods word. And yes I know your heart well....you show it to everyone here with your actions. Just saying you are a christian doesn't mean anything.

The fact you compare sinners to someone who just thinks a person has the right to hunt with a xbow show you twisted mindset. Homosexuality and abortion is a sin....freedom to choose a crossbow is not a sin or immoral in any way....you just don't like it because you are selfish. If you can't distinguish the difference then you are dumber than you look.

"If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless." Hilarious that you use it as your signature and blatantly go against it.... you are deceiving your own heart....what a hypocrite.
Is that right? I think you ought to teach me a lesson.

So you don't deceive your own heart? You know your not a hypocrite?

So, your game is to try to bait Christians and then point out they are not Christians. I see.

Maybe one day I can be a papermaker making 6 figures.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-28-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
No problem not solved.That is your OPINION on how to solve the problem. And its my OPINION that they should have thier own season!
But you refuse to let anyone state there opinion,you just come back with why YOUR opinions are right, and our opinions are wrong!
The fact is OPINIONS and or personel experiences are just that, and are subject to the interpretation and the comprehension reader!

And to be totally honest,I live in Wv where xbows are not legal(except for hanicapped)and you live in Kentucky, and this thread has to do with MD,so its my OPINION that Bigcountry who lives and hunts MD. has the right to more opinions then you or I.

Exactly how do I refuse to let someone state there opinion ? Are you under hypnosis ? Do I have someone stationed at your door strong arming you to keep quiet ? I am stating an opinion the same as you. This stopped being about Md very early on and because a xbow bashing thread. Maybe you will get lucky and the xbow never gets passed in your state and you can have all the woods to yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.