Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit or Double Bull >

Summit or Double Bull

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit or Double Bull

Old 06-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Spike

Default Summit or Double Bull

I' m wanting to make a purchase soon but I' m having second thoughts to either get the climber or the blind.This past year I took my first deer with a bow from a fixed tree stand.This year I have permission to hunt other areas.what to get is the ??Both have there ups and downs .Would like some input both cost a few dollars.thank you for your time.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Summit or Double Bull

Can' t go wrong with both if you can manage to get both. That way you' ll be set for any circumstance.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:26 PM

If you will be hunting an area that has good 8" to 20" dia. straight trees, you could use a climber. If you are going to hunt swampy areas where the trees are not straight or in open fields where ther are no suitable trees, then you could use the blind....
I have a climber and some fixed stands....I hope I can get a blind some day so I can hunt a cut down where there are no big trees and also use it for turkey hunting. I agree with mdbohuntr, in that if you could manage both, you would be ready for all situations.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you' ll see more from a tree--but it depends on your hunting style.i like to still hunt as much as i can--it just seems more challenging to me plus you don' t have to just sit in one place for hours at a time,but that' s just me.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

I have hunted both ways and both can be used in
the right situation. If it' s just for whitetails, I' d
recommend getting the treestand.

If possible, both would be nice to have in
your arsenal of tricks.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Boy, tough choices!!!! I would love to get a blind, but where I hunt I really have no use for it rigth now, maybe some day. I have a Summit Revolution and totally love it. I had a tree lounge, and it was the most comfortabe tree stand EVER!!!! I don' t care what others say, it is more comfortable than anything. You could seriously hang it in your living room and wach t.v in it. But it was lousy when it came to setting it up and climbing. Climbing was easy but EXTREMELY noisy!!!! Setting it up was a hassle to, because it was all the pins.

My revolution is awesome. Easy to set up, and a little layed back for more comfort. Most important...very quiet while climbing, as all the summits are. My only problem....It' s hard to stay awake because it is a little comfortable I think you' ll have to weigh your options. What would you use more?
Old 06-26-2003, 08:26 PM

I' ve had my double bull T5 for about 18 months now. I have taken 3 deer, 3 toms, 2 hogs and have missed a nice 8 pt. buck. Not one of these had a clue the blind was present.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a ground blind and have had great luck
with it!!