Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Reasonable or not? >

Reasonable or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reasonable or not?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reasonable or not?

I know a friend who runs a hunting operation. They charge $1,000 for a buck and a doe. Plus, $100 a day sit fees. It doesn't matter the size of the deer, because there are no trophy fees. They have a minimum rule of 130 class or higher.

The majority of deer run 130 + anyways, with some pushing 150.

They have a few small cabins and charge $70 a day for meals and lodging. They also have several corn feeders, ladder stands, elevated stands and blinds. Plus, they have 3 food plot fields over 20 acres each. On a typical day the average person will see 50 + does and 4-5 bucks.

Some people don't have access to quality deer hunting lands, so I think it's reasonable. However, some of my other friends say it's way too much money. I think it's reasonable, because the guy is letting you on his land, has everything in place and runs food plots. If you tried to pay for all of that yourself you would be out a lot of time and money.

Oh.. and if you don't see anything then you only pay the day fees and lodging.

Does this sound like a reasonable deal?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know a lot of guys that pay a whole lot more than that. For me, it's not a deal I have been blessed with opportunities to hunt free all my life.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe if you are trophy hunting...but thats a 1 time deal...1000+70+100= a small lease of your own to hunt all year.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

After looking at the prices for Outfitters on the internet those prices don't look too bad considering most will charge $2,500.00 and up.....plus meals,room and board fee's.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Where is this place? Texas?

It sounds reasonable to me if I were wanting a trophy. You never know, you may kill the buck of a lifetime.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:22 AM
Dominant Buck

On a typical day the average person will see 50 + does and 4-5 bucks.
Man, it sounds like his deer herd is way out of whacks to be running an outfitter business. Sounds like he needs to do some serious nanny whackin.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
maybe if you are trophy hunting...but thats a 1 time deal...1000+70+100= a small lease of your own to hunt all year.

Emphasis on SMALL... that kinda money won't get you much in my part of the world... it'll get you a membership to a hunt club for sure though. Some are good, some are bad.

Considering the average going prices around the country... that is actually fairly reasonable. I am with Rev and the others in that I don't really need to or desire to patronize places like your buddy has... not that there is anything wrong with them... there is an ass for every seat afterall.

I would say that his lodging and meal rates might be a bit stiff... it just depends on what you are getting fed and what other sort of accomodations are in town or nearby and what they cost.

The $1000 trophy fee (a trophy fee doesn't neccesarily mean you pay more for a larger animal... it just means you pay for what you shoot and you don't pay it if you aren't successful) for one buck and one doe is really quite a bit less than most places in the mid-west charge for sure.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a very reasonable price for a quality hunt and everything already set in place and ready for the hunt!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 AM
bigcountry

Thats a great price. I pay 2K/year for a lease, that I drive 2 hours too. I took a 130-140 deer last year. But it was the only one that big. We took 2-3 other 120" or so deer. And a few 100"ers.

I sent every week during the regular seasons, and go about 3-5 times a week during rut. So gas and tolls really took a toll.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Thats a great price. I pay 2K/year for a lease, that I drive 2 hours too. I took a 130-140 deer last year. But it was the only one that big. We took 2-3 other 120" or so deer. And a few 100"ers.

I sent every week during the regular seasons, and go about 3-5 times a week during rut. So gas and tolls really took a toll.
yeah but ya can go year round...deer, turkey, hogs, dove, duck...not just a weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.