HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reasonable or not?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
maybe if you are trophy hunting...but thats a 1 time deal...1000+70+100= a small lease of your own to hunt all year.

Emphasis on SMALL... that kinda money won't get you much in my part of the world... it'll get you a membership to a hunt club for sure though. Some are good, some are bad.

Considering the average going prices around the country... that is actually fairly reasonable. I am with Rev and the others in that I don't really need to or desire to patronize places like your buddy has... not that there is anything wrong with them... there is an ass for every seat afterall.

I would say that his lodging and meal rates might be a bit stiff... it just depends on what you are getting fed and what other sort of accomodations are in town or nearby and what they cost.

The $1000 trophy fee (a trophy fee doesn't neccesarily mean you pay more for a larger animal... it just means you pay for what you shoot and you don't pay it if you aren't successful) for one buck and one doe is really quite a bit less than most places in the mid-west charge for sure.