Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone had problems with Mathews bows? >

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigbulls
The drenalin has known problems with the limbs breaking. They would typically break right at the rear of the limb "pocket".
That is because people don't know how to press them properly. This was addressed a while back and was not a problem with the limbs, but a case of either the wrong press being used or incorrect pressing.

The Drenalin is my 3rd Mathews and I've had no issues with it or any of the other Mathews I've owned. I've also been fortunate enough to not have any issues with the 3 BowTechs, 1 Bear, 1 Golden Eagle, 1 High Country, 1 Merlin, and 1 Hoyt that I've owned.

Needless to say, I'm not a fanboy of any manufacturer.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
I have a Z7 ordered should be here in FEB or March, have been shooting a LX since 2003 never had any problems. Before that it was Hoyt with no problems either.
My buddy just bought a Z7 today, got it all set up with HIGH end accesories, pulled it back 1/2 way on dry fire and it exploded, bottom limb shattered.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had no problems with mine. I had no problems with my High Country before that. All bow companys have had and will continue to have "bad apples" but I think most are due to people not knowing how to maintain them or they did something incorrect and then blame the company for putting out a bad product.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

not so much of a bow problem but i have not got any response to 6 emails sent due to missing parts and no response
Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Spike

I have had the same problem with the string coming off the top cam while drawing back. On both the Outback and my Switchback it happen three times, once with the Outback and just this last yr. with my Switchback. Everytime, thier customer service email reply was and also the pro shop, said that it was the way i was drawing my bow back, that i was putting unnessisary torque on the string while i draw it back. I will never purchase another Mathews nor will I ever recomend one again, not after that kind of reply.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

I hope my buddy finally got his all figured out. I just hate him complaining about all the problems its given him and then him still use the product. I know if my hoyts gave me problems like he has had i would switch companies in the snap of a finger. Ive never had a limb shatter on me and after seeing what it did to his arm i dont ever want that to happen to me.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

00' mq32 - no problems the 6 years I owned it.
06' SBXT - no problems the 2 seasons I owned it.
08' mission journey - 0 problems so far.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HuntingBry
That is because people don't know how to press them properly. This was addressed a while back and was not a problem with the limbs, but a case of either the wrong press being used or incorrect pressing.

Bry, I feel this is exactly right as well. Let's think about this. When parallel limbs first came out, we heard of a lot more issues with limbs than we do now. Reason, shops now have adequate presses to press such bows. Those same bows are still out there yet we don't see the limb issues.

The Drenalin being new technology with it's thinner limbs could be pressed wrong. Those same Drenalins are out there but we no longer read of issues. Presses are now adequate.

I think in many of the lines, the end user is most of the issue.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Bry, I feel this is exactly right as well. Let's think about this. When parallel limbs first came out, we heard of a lot more issues with limbs than we do now. Reason, shops now have adequate presses to press such bows. Those same bows are still out there yet we don't see the limb issues.

The Drenalin being new technology with it's thinner limbs could be pressed wrong. Those same Drenalins are out there but we no longer read of issues. Presses are now adequate.

I think in many of the lines, the end user is most of the issue.
I have seen issues where both mathews and bowtech has claimed such with some dealers. Dealers were using an Apple super pro with hydrolic arms and with the fingers for beyond parallel. I have pressed some bow and can't imagine how that press, (best I think is out there) could cause this issue.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I have seen issues where both mathews and bowtech has claimed such with some dealers. Dealers were using an Apple super pro with hydrolic arms and with the fingers for beyond parallel. I have pressed some bow and can't imagine how that press, (best I think is out there) could cause this issue.
I won't pretend that you can speak for every dealer across the country and convey what happened to every bow that may have had a limb issue but let me ask you, why is it we don't read of the same limb issues with the exact same bows that are still out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.