Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone had problems with Mathews bows? >

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

A friend of mine has a Mathews drenalin and has had nothing but limb problems with it. Last year he had the lower limb shatter on it and got pretty cut up and walked away pretty lucky. He then contacted mathews and told them about it and he had to send the whole bow in. When he got the bow back the replaced his limbs with black ones and it was a camo bow. He wasnt to happy and sent it back. It then took 4 months for him to get his bow back. This fall we were hunting and he drew back and noticed something wrong and his string had come off the cam. has anyone experienced these problems with mathews or no. My brother lives by them and has never had a problem aand he owns 3 mathews bows. He just recently purchased the Z7 and for me not being a mathews guy its a great bow. But i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with mathews or any other company?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't shoot Mathews curently, but I have owned 6 of them and Never had an issue. I also have a couple of friends that still shoot Mathews and I can't remember any problems they've had off hand.

Actually I have owned at least a dozen brands and only had problems with one brand.

Dan
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM
bigcountry

Out of the all the mfg of bows, I have heard the least (problems) about mathews or the drenalin. In 2003 or 04, they had thier own rash of bad limbs. I know 3 people with the drenalin and no problems as of yet.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot nothing but Mathews bows for the lasr 10 or 11 years and have not had a single problem.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Z7 ordered should be here in FEB or March, have been shooting a LX since 2003 never had any problems. Before that it was Hoyt with no problems either.

Last edited by AR Bowhunter; 01-24-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

The drenalin has known problems with the limbs breaking. They would typically break right at the rear of the limb "pocket".
Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have shot a Mathews Outback since 2004 and had zero problems with it.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Mathews had a ton of problems back in the "Switchback" days.. I have heard of a few with some of their newer bows... But it sounds like your buddy had a mild cause of bad luck..
Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty trouble free as far as i've seen. I've had NOTHING but good service from thier warranty department, great customer service. U can get a lemon in any flavor , though.

He should have ZERO trobles with his Z7
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Spike

I have a buddy who has had problems with his switchback. He can't seem to get it tuned properly. He is taking in to a shop in town that specializes in mathews bows. There supposably the number one mathews dealer in the world. They said all they can do now is have him send it in. Im sure its just a lemon though, it can happen. By the way im a bowtech guy right now but loved the Z7 when I shot it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.