Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking >

My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking

Old 06-09-2003, 07:40 AM

Default My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking

Hey guys,

I just broke out my older Browning Mirage Hunter dual cam bow last night to check that baby out and I noticed that the bottom limb is cracked. It wasn' t there the last time I had the bow out. I am not sure why this would have happened, it was just sitting in my spare bed-room. The bow is older, I am not even reall sure how old it is, my dad bought it and gave it to me.

Now, here is my question, how can I get in touch with Browning. I didn' t notice any spots on there web-site to contact them. Does anybody have an e-mail address or something where I can get ahold of them and talk to them about this?

The bow is pretty old, so I don' t think that they would have any replacement limbs. What will Browning do? Will I get a new bow out of it? If so, what model would they send. I know the bow isn' t worth much now, but, when my dad bought it, he said that it was pretty expensive.

Thanks for the help there......

And, another question..... does anybody know where I could get the specs on this bow. Like I said, I am not sure what year it is. It is probablly a good 8-10 years old. The bow is a beast, dual cam, a very dark camo (almost black), black plastic (not rubber) grip. Thats about all I know about it.

Thanks again guys.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:54 AM

Default RE: My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking

how old is the bow? pse makes browning bows you might have to go thru them ,if they still make your limbs , do a search for browning bows.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:10 PM

xi,

I have looked on the internet and havn' t even found any info on this bow. I am not sure, but I would guess somewhere between 10-12 years. It is pretty old. I just don' t think that they will have any limbs for them, and I don' t really feel the need for them replacing the bow with a new one. It has taken alot in its pretty long life. If it comes down to it, I will take a replacement, but, I would rather have new limbs (kinda sounds weird that I want a older bow instead of a newer bow) This thing is great though, smooth draw, quiet, and plenty fast. It is a little heavy and pretty long a.t.a. length, I am guessing around 38-40" range.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I am guessing if you want replacement limbs you will end up BUYING them. I wouldn' t think a 10-12 yr old browning bow would have a lifetime warranty on the limbs, but I have been wrong before.

Did the website have a " dealer locator" on it? Good Luck.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:48 PM

Is it like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20838
Old 06-09-2003, 09:28 PM

c903,

That looks alot like it. I just remembered that I have a pic of it and I am gonna put it on here. It isn' t the best pic, and, I might take some tommorow, and put them on.

Old 06-10-2003, 08:23 AM

Buck:

Seller did not sell bow. That he means he most likely will be open to a deal. If you do not have access to eBay sellers, and your interested, I can communicate with the seller. It is is possible that you might get the entire bow w/ accessories for less than a new set of limbs for your bow and less than he had it listed for.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:11 AM

Thanks c903,

My dad has an E-Bay account, and I am definetly considering picking it up. I have to wait till Friday, but, if I still want it, I will get ahold of the guy. Geez, for the price he had the minimum big, you could barely buy the Trophy Ridge sight.

Those old Browning Mirage dual cams are very nice bows. I enjoy shooting them almost as much as my MightyMite.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Magnet:

C 903 definitely gave you good advice. You can get great older bows for a song on ebay, as long as they are compounds and not recurves, which go for much more most times.

Your bow looks like a Mirage Hunter, or maybe the Mirage FPS, the name should be on the limb sticker. The draw weight should be about the same if you get another bow, and switch limbs (if you want to switch them). A Ballistic Mirage may have stiffer limbs for the same draw weight, but I am not sure about that.

I have bought quite a few older bows from ebay auctions. Almost all of them have shot great, but a few were hard to quiet down, even with Sims products.

I did try to sell my Darton Viper (in a moment of stupidity) on ebay, and couldn' t even pick up a $50 opening bid. Then that bow (for me) out-shot the two Mathews bows I got last spring by a noticeable amount. It is nearly as quiet as any bow I have shot, and is plenty fast as well. Most compounds that are a few years old don' t seem to be worth very much to most people.[:' (]

Good luck on getting this bow shooting again.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:47 AM

Thanks Joe,

My Brownings Sticker Says

Browning
Mirage Hunter
MIRIF
60% let-off
60 3/4" String Length
Pre-Set 32" Draw and 50lb
Adjustable Range 29-32" and 45-70 pound

in that order.

The cams have a patent number of 4774927 on them

And as I am reading this off the bow, I just noticed ANOTHER crack on the opposite limb. The first crack is to the edge of the left side on the top, right below the cam in the drastic curve area of the limb. The second one is on the bottom limb, right at the limb pocket. It is more like a flake of the limb that is ready to peel off.

Not only that, but I also noticed that there is an nick taken out of the riser right at the limb pocket. Like I said, these weren' t here last time I had this bow out shooting, which was probablly more than a year and a half ago. I am not sure if someone was messing around with this bow or not. (My friend came over one day awhile back when I was working and messed around with my new MightyMite, tried to put a peep in and screwed up my Winners Choice strings) He could have been messing around with this bow too. I just think that it is a hopeless caus. [:' (]

I am gonna watch E-bay for any of the older bows, and get one for a back-up.

I LOVE the new bows, but, the older bows are a blast to shoot also. This is when they only cared about smooth draw cycles. Lots of noise, lots of vibration, and average speeds, but, the draw cycle on this baby is SWEET!!!

Quick Reply: My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.