HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking
Old 06-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: My Browning Mirage Hunter limb' s cracking

Thanks Joe,

My Brownings Sticker Says

Browning
Mirage Hunter
MIRIF
60% let-off
60 3/4" String Length
Pre-Set 32" Draw and 50lb
Adjustable Range 29-32" and 45-70 pound

in that order.

The cams have a patent number of 4774927 on them

And as I am reading this off the bow, I just noticed ANOTHER crack on the opposite limb. The first crack is to the edge of the left side on the top, right below the cam in the drastic curve area of the limb. The second one is on the bottom limb, right at the limb pocket. It is more like a flake of the limb that is ready to peel off.

Not only that, but I also noticed that there is an nick taken out of the riser right at the limb pocket. Like I said, these weren' t here last time I had this bow out shooting, which was probablly more than a year and a half ago. I am not sure if someone was messing around with this bow or not. (My friend came over one day awhile back when I was working and messed around with my new MightyMite, tried to put a peep in and screwed up my Winners Choice strings) He could have been messing around with this bow too. I just think that it is a hopeless caus. [:' (]

I am gonna watch E-bay for any of the older bows, and get one for a back-up.

I LOVE the new bows, but, the older bows are a blast to shoot also. This is when they only cared about smooth draw cycles. Lots of noise, lots of vibration, and average speeds, but, the draw cycle on this baby is SWEET!!!