Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 12-26-2009, 05:35 AM
Banned

Default Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Guys are starting to get their long awaited bows. I sold two of my Elites so that I can make room for my new SR-71. It should be arriving soon. This is the 1st time I have ordered a bow, sight unseen. Kevin knows how to build a bow and I have loved every bow he has designed to date. The reviews on these Strother bows have all been very positive. They come with Predator camo as the pattern. I ordered mine in the AT version...Predator camo riser with black limbs. It is a speed bow with an IBO in excess of 350 fps, and all reports say it is a smooth draw and very quiet.

http://www.strotherarchery.com/

A pic of Karbons' Vanquish

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-09-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Also a heads up on the Strothers lineup. They offer a 55-65# bow. The ONLY 5# peak weight you can get is the 55-65# bow. All others are 40-50,50-60,60-70,70-80,80-90.

At Strother Archery we set out with the desire to design the ultimate “all around” bow, out of this desire we produced the Infinity. With features that work great in the woods or on the target range. This bow incorporates a very forgiving brace height of 7 1/8”, along with “aiming” stability derived from the 34” axle to axle. Producing efficiency ratings of 90%+ allows the Infinity to maintain an exceptionally smooth draw while attaining speeds that are unmatched in the industry.

Everything about the Vanquish says “hunting”, utilizing a short axle to axle, the Vanquish will be easy to carry on long hikes, ascend into your treestand silently, or take that tight quarters shot out of a ground blind. Boasting almost a 8” brace height to ensure forgiveness, eliminating the worry of hunting with heavy clothing. Like all the bows in our lineup, it has a silky smooth draw, but produces amazing speeds!

The name of this bow says it all, the SR-71 blackbird aircraft is the fastest plane ever built. The SR-71 is smoking fast, considering the smooth draw cycle and 6 1/8” forgiving brace height, the SR-71 will leave you amazed. When compared to other bows in its class, at true measured specs, this bow blows them away. If you have the need for speed, the SR-71 is the bow for you!

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-09-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Any word on prices to the general public?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kyhunter93
Any word on prices to the general public?
Around $749-$780
Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Dominant Buck

They'll sell a ton of those bows....based on the camo pattern, alone (it's just true). It's bad-ass (the predator)....and it's a smart move that will likely pay off.

I can only guess ($$) why the "more" mainstream bow companies haven't tried to land (or....the other way around) the newer, open-pattern camos for their bows. It's a trend I'm not sure we'll see more of any time soon, though (unless the camo companies relax their licensing requirements and make it more palatable, financially, for the mfr's).

Teaming up and getting this pattern on a new line is a win-win for both companies.....especially if there's an exclusivisity agreement between them.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Banned

Yea, Kevin gets quietness, extreme speed, with a nice draw cycle, hand shock free,and knows how to engineer bows. He listens to his customers and asked us back point blank, when he was with Elite, on Elites forum, what we wanted in a new bow lineup. We gave him the above list, and we also told him we wanted Predator camo. He listened.I trust Karbon's reviews on bows. Karbon goes through bows constantly, and his Vanquish is his favorite to date. The Vanquish may be in my stable too, it sounds like the perfect hunting bow with it's specs. But then, I would have to consider parting with my beloved GTO, and that may be hard to do. My GTO has been shot 4 times at animals, and has resulted in 4 deer that died within sight of my stand, and one turkey. I know one thing, if I don't like my SR-71, I can put it in the classifieds on AT and get my money back, as guys are fighting to get one, the supply is low, and demand is high. His Elite lineup and the 06 Bowtechs he designed, are still selling well and demanding top dollar. Elites' new transferable lifetime warranty, regardless of ownership, and hunt guarantee, is unprecedented in the Archery compound bow makers world.
I see where ASAT is now offering their pattern to the bow dippers for aftermarket dipping, and I would like to see a bow dipped in this too. Guys for years have been sending their bows to get dipped in Predator as you well know. Now, they don't have to.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-10-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe there are those that would buy a Bow based on pattern alone, but I Never would. Dipping a Bow to suit your personal needs is far too easy.

I would never drop that kind of $$ on a Bow I never had in my Hands either. There are too many quality bows that I personally don't like the feel of and/or just do Not fit me correct.

Bows are a very personal choice! What some like I may Not care for, and what I like may Not be for someone else. I'd like to shoot one but I have yet to see a dealer that has one in stock and won't hold my breath either. I would Not Drive over 200 miles to shoot one either. I shot a few of the Elites!

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Maybe there are those that would buy a Bow based on pattern alone, but I Never would. Dipping a Bow to suit your personal needs is far too easy.
$200, disassembly, shipping the bow, and reassembling the bow is not what I consider easy. It also voids the warranty in most cases. I know you have sent your bow to get dipped in Predator, now a company is already doing what the customer wants.

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I would never drop that kind of $$ on a Bow I never had in my Hands either. There are too many quality bows that I personally don't like the feel of and/or just do Not fit me correct.

Bows are a very personal choice! What some like I may Not care for, and what I like may Not be for someone else. I'd like to shoot one but I have yet to see a dealer that has one in stock and won't hold my breath either. I would Not Drive over 200 miles to shoot one either. I shot a few of the Elites!

Dan
Of course not, you are a Bowtech Dealer, why would you shoot anything else besides a Bowtech, or give anything but a rave review for anything besides a Bowtech? I don't take to heart ANY review/advice on a bow brand, if that person is a dealer or is affiliated with the company and benefits financially. When a certain dealer or advisory staff member for a bow maker discredits or talks negativity of any other bow maker, I know their judgement is clouded for financial reasons. I have owned many Bowtechs, including the 06 Tribute. I also owned the 06 Elite E-Force. No one(except Bowtech dealers) will dispute, that the E-Force is a superior bow over the Tribute. It was the cadillac version of the Tribute(better grip, Barnsdale Limbs), as it and the Tribute were both engineered by the same designer(Kevin Strothers) in the same year. Bowtech dealers would still be raving about Kevin Strothers, had he not left Bowtech, took his pretty and famous Martin Archery wife, Kate, and started Elite Archery. Like him or hate him, the guy knows how to engineer a bow. That is why, his designs are something that I can buy sight unseen. I like his tastes in bow designs. Anyone that likes Bowtechs, loves Elites, and will love the Strothers' lineup. That is of course, unless they are a Bowtech dealer/or a corporate staff member and not an Elite or Strothers' dealer
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not a BowTech dealer and I always shoot as many Flagship bows as I can get my hands on. I will say the Z7 is a very nice bow. As far as the Hoyt my favorite bow there would still be the AlphaMax.

I'd like to shoot the Strother bows but would not drive over 200 miles to do so, when in reality I doubt it will blow away anything I've already shot.

BowTech pays No bills for me Don. Like I said i'd Love to shoot it. I'm sure it's Nice, but I still wouldn't spend that kind of $$ on a bow I had Not personally shot. I wanted to shoot the New Martin a couple of years ago but after calling every dealer within 200 miles and getting the same answer, we don't stock them as they just won't sell in this area. I gave up! Not my words! Words of guys that were supposed to be dealers.

Lots of Nice Bows out there and many times I realize a guy's decision is based on what to purchase depending on what is accessible.

I Totally understand that!

Sorry Don even dealers are allowed an opinion You see I can pretty much deal with whatever I want to, and if not I have dealer friends in 3 states that would allow me to do some swapping.

Dan

Last edited by MeanV2; 01-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Banned

Good post Dan. The Z7 is my favorite Mathews to date. The aphamax didn't trip my trigger, and I have yet to shoot the new Hoyt lineup for 2110. Hey Dan, when did you quit selling Bowtechs and are you not a corporate advisory Bowtech staff guy anymore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.