Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Question out of curiosity >

Question out of curiosity

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question out of curiosity

Old 12-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

DFS - What you posted showed he did the right thing!!
Realized it was a questionable hit, backed out to give it time and went backed and spent 6 hours looking.
Pretty much what the Bowhunters ed course teaches and most experianced hunters subscribe to. Pushing a poorly hit deer is the best way to insure it will not be recovered.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
DFS - What you posted showed he did the right thing!!
Realized it was a questionable hit, backed out to give it time and went backed and spent 6 hours looking.
Pretty much what the Bowhunters ed course teaches and most experianced hunters subscribe to. Pushing a poorly hit deer is the best way to insure it will not be recovered.
I never stated that what he ended up doing wasn't the right thing! He did exactly what he should have and what I would have done as well. Part of the reason the OP posted this thread was in response to the replies he was receiving on his other thread before he made his edit stating he had gone back to look for the deer. My post on his other thread was made before he made this edit on a seperate day. He was asking in that thread whether he should go out hunting the following day or not and all the "ripping" he was receiving was due to what appeared to be his 40 yard tracking job and then calling it quits for good on the deer. This is what had everyone including myself telling him to get back out and search for the deer which would have been the right thing considering the info he had provided. Only later did he make the edit stating he had continued the search which is a good thing and I have no problem with the way he went about it now that he has provided the full information. I agree now that he has stated the full info that he did what was right but, that info would come in handy for situations like this beforehand if he isn't wanting to get "ripped" next time! It's to be expected for what he provided with his original post. Also the other reason for my post in this thread was in regards to you calling out those of us who were doing the ripping. Claiming we did not read the entire post or have our info straight when in fact you yourself did not have the facts or information of the post to make such statements while we did have the info the OP had provided us at the time of making our post. With the info that the OP porvided us at the time of my post, I stand by it. It applies in all cases when hunting. Now that the OP has made the correction to his post and provided the additional info we see that he did actually do the right thing in the end. Maybe if the OP would keep his facts straight and realize what the reason for his "ripping" was then he may not get as upset about it and come here complaining about it when it was for good reason at the time. Also, maybe if you would check your facts before wrongly accussing others then you wouldn't be reading responses such as this!!!

Last edited by DryForkSlayer; 12-08-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I think everyone in here needs a hug. I did not state my information properly but if you have read my prior posts as snipe has you would learn that I previously shot a deer in the shoulder this year and did not recover him. I searched for 6 hours the following day in a similar situation as i backed out the night before. I should have been more clear with words but sentences like that should not have to be used if your not going to be a responsible hunter you shouldnt be on this forum in the first place. You shouldnt be hunting whatsoever. I respect animals more then some of my friends lol and would never leave without giving my best shot at finding a wounded animal. The animal did not choose to get shot we pull the trigger and we pull back the bows. If we cant manage tracking our game then its time to take up golf instead
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by scribbler444
I think everyone in here needs a hug. I did not state my information properly but if you have read my prior posts as snipe has you would learn that I previously shot a deer in the shoulder this year and did not recover him. I searched for 6 hours the following day in a similar situation as i backed out the night before. I should have been more clear with words but sentences like that should not have to be used if your not going to be a responsible hunter you shouldnt be on this forum in the first place. You shouldnt be hunting whatsoever. I respect animals more then some of my friends lol and would never leave without giving my best shot at finding a wounded animal. The animal did not choose to get shot we pull the trigger and we pull back the bows. If we cant manage tracking our game then its time to take up golf instead
lol! I completely agree with everything you said and I'm glad to here that you did put in the effort to look for the deer. Keep up the hard work and things will turn around for you buddy, good luck!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Spike

People need to chill out about everything on all of these posts. By no means am i defending anyside here but what i want to say is we are all bow hunters and should appreciate the opportunities we have to bow hunt. Not every guy is perfect nor are they as experienced as other people in this forum. Im sure we have all had our fair share of questionable hits but do not rip a guy apart if you dont know the whole story. We shouldn't be ripping apart other hunters to begin with. We should all be helping one another instead of getting pissed off at one another! Help other hunters out. We as bow hunters are all in this together and we should take all of this negative attitude and use it to defend our rights as hunters and work to make the future better for other hunters. Don't turn a first year or inexperienced hunter by ripping on them for whatever they did. Help a fellow bowhunter out.....
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DeBauche11
People need to chill out about everything on all of these posts. By no means am i defending anyside here but what i want to say is we are all bow hunters and should appreciate the opportunities we have to bow hunt. Not every guy is perfect nor are they as experienced as other people in this forum. Im sure we have all had our fair share of questionable hits but do not rip a guy apart if you dont know the whole story. We shouldn't be ripping apart other hunters to begin with. We should all be helping one another instead of getting pissed off at one another! Help other hunters out. We as bow hunters are all in this together and we should take all of this negative attitude and use it to defend our rights as hunters and work to make the future better for other hunters. Don't turn a first year or inexperienced hunter by ripping on them for whatever they did. Help a fellow bowhunter out.....
Try reading both of his post before you make assumptions. Things have been cleared up and everyone had a big hug! Happy ending!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Spike

Just saying nothing negative should have been said to begin with...thats all i was saying
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think he actually said he has searched for 13 hours after it laid over night....thats is way more time than i ever would look for anybodies deer...i find it a lil hard to believe..13 hours!!!!!

im glad mine havnt gone that far yet....it could and probably will now that i say this!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
im glad mine havnt gone that far yet....it could and probably will now that i say this!!!
haha,yeh no joke! That's about the way it goes aint it?!

P.S. I know the proper word is isn't. I just like aint lol!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
It's impossible to tell it was 3" unless the deer is recovered.
An arrow can hit the offside shoulder or leg and back most/all the way out
so fast it appears you only got a few inches.
Not If you find the arrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.