Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit

Old 06-04-2003, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit

It is an excellent rest for one looking for a simple trouble free rest for hunting. Accuracy can be excellent and speed loss in very minimal if you trim the rest up some. You do need to pay attention to the type of fletching you use and make sure it sticks to the arrows well. Aluminum and rough carbons make some noise drawing across the bristles, but smooth finish carbons are very quiet. You won' t see many of any target or 3D shooters using it, not becuase it' s not accurate but becuase they simpley don' t need the advantages the WB offers to a bowhunter. If you know and understand the limitations it is an outstanding rest for the hunter.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:56 AM

I shoot carbons through a Whisker Biscuit, and the combo does a great job. Accurate, easy to tune, and very little loss of speed.

I also like it because it hold the arrow in place throughout the draw cycle. This is an advantage when hunting because not all shots while hunting allow you to have the perfect stance. You may have to tilt/cant for a shot, but that is not bad thing if you have put your time in and have practiced for that shot.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:23 AM

In other words, the rest wears, and in doing so it is reasonable to believe that the supporting tension and height has changed; and those changes will affect nock height and flight.

Everyone to their own, especially if they are satisfied. However, I just cannot see how supporting a shaft on brush-bristles that wear, break, loose resistance, and " whack" the fletching, can be good.
You shouldn' t be putting " other words" into people' s statements. It completely changes the meaning they were protraying. They used the words they did, for a reason.

I' ve shot the same WB for 2 years now. I' d guess about 25,000 shots have gone through one biscuit. If there is any measureable wear, I can' t detect it. I trimmed the back of the bisquit and cut slots in the bristles, when I first got it. At least 50% of the bristles have been removed since the beginning, and yet it is pretty much just like the day I got it.

I see guys shooting all kind of rests with shrink-wrap covered prongs, and other stuff that wears at least 1000 times faster than a whisker' s bristles. In my opinion the bristles do not wear appreciably and do not readily break or loose resistance. I' ve yet to hear a " whack" on my fletching, and my arrows fly perfectly. Add all this to the obvious benefits of the best " full capture" method being used, and you might see why so many hunters love them. Even if you don' t, it won' t stop me from using one. [8D]
Old 06-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the NAP 3000 and it did it' s job just fine but i feel the W.B. is a better hunting rest for me because when i start to get that buck fever i did have trouble keeping the arrow on the rest--now i can draw back without that worry of the arrow not being in the right place when i get to full draw.I also like still-hunting and it was a pain to hold the arrow on the rest all the time--the W.B. makes it easier for me to be able to hunt the way i want to without as many problems.JMO.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:04 AM

I HAVEN' T TRIED ONE YET, BUT I KNOW A FEW GUYS THAT HAVE THEM AND LOVE THEM. I' M PLANNING ON GETTING ONE SOON.

c903, HAVE YOU TRIED SHOOTING WITH ONE, OR ARE YOU JUST SKEPTICAL?
YOU MIGHT LIKE IT IF YOU GAVE IT A CHANCE.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

When they first came out I was very skeptical , the question in my mind was how could this thing work with all that contact , and the first models had to be loaded from the rear , looked kind of dificult to load , then they came out with models with a loading slot cut in them , and at the time I was haveing dificulties with dropaways so said what the heck give it a try . I was plesantly surprised turned out to be a excellent rest very accurate , I shoot feathers allso so I was woried about it eating up my feathers , but it does' nt , it works great . My only gripe is it makes a slight sound on the draw . I may try the wetsand trick mentioned earler .
Old 06-04-2003, 08:46 AM

Straightarrow

" In other words.." Meaning, therefore what has been said also said indicates that there may be another reason, another cause, another action, etc.

Do not go and get testy, just playing " Devil' s Advocate" to reveal the other side of the story. Those who read to make decisions based on what is said about a product cannot make the best decisions based only on bias if there is also or could be a problematic side.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:18 AM

C903,

My post was meant to be informative, not testy. Sorry if it came across that way.

When someone says " In other words," I think that means, " here is another way of saying the same thing" . When someone changes the meaning of the original statement, that is more suitably stated as, " On the other hand, " or " another possible answer is," or maybe " your information indicates," . However, if I say " this rest is even softer and quieter than when it was new" , I can not say the same thing using " other words" , if I state, " the rest wears, and in doing so it is reasonable to believe that the supporting tension and height has changed" .

Another example would be if I said " my bow is the fastest shooting bow I know of" and someone responds with, " in other words, it has a short brace height and is unforgiving and difficult to hit what you' re aiming at" . While this response may be true, it also many be false. Either way, it is not substitute for the meaning of the original statement.

My point is, that even though your argument may be valid, it' s not saying the same thing with different words. People generally don' t mind a differing opinion, but they definitely don' t like words being put into their mouth or statements.

Maybe it all just comes down to what your interpretation of what " in other words" , means, or what the word " is" means. (bad joke).
Old 06-04-2003, 10:35 AM
CG

Fact is that it works.....as does any other rest out there when set-up for it' s intended purpose. You simply have to decide if the advantages out-weigh the disadvantages.....w/ my modifications, there is no doubt that this is by far the best hunting rest I have ever used......and don' t start saying " If you' ve got to modify a rest, how good can it be" ....that' s a load of crap because I bet every rest put on a hunting bow is modified in some way to silence it or make it more effective......Plus if modifications make it superior to any rest out there (IMHO) why not?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:58 AM

c903, As I said, in my words, I will further explain. When you have a deer, or other animal go behind you in a tree stand, and you have to pass your bow between you and the tree, it' s easy to loose your arrow off the rest with a fork type rest. With the biscuit I' ve shot under my stand and had the same accuracy as 15 yards in front of my stand. Get in a situation where a big buck slips under you and try to lean past straight down with the biscuit, well he' s on my wall now. I guess you can figure that out, it works. All the sceptics in the world won' t make me give it up. Yea, all the 3-d guys need that extra 1-2 fps and competition guys shoot better in air conditioned stadiums too. But in the hunting world, anything you don' t have to worry about is a plus. P.S. I got alot of moleskin that used to cover my bow I won' t be needing anymore if your interested.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.