Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit

Old 06-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit

i just got a bow, but have been lookin at them and wondering bout them. i just might get one and try it but thats after this yr of shootin and hunting.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

How often do have to replace them?
Old 06-04-2003, 12:34 PM

depends on how may times you step on it. I use mine as it came form the package. Some folks like to tinker with their equipment and make modifications, but I' m not one of those people. I think mine will last for a long long time.

I have noticed ( here and on other forums) that the hunters that Use the WB
have good things to say about it. The people that don' t use it seem to think its a piece of crap.

The WB does " riffel" or in another word " scallop" rubber vains, but doesn' t seem to bother vinyl vains. I haven' t shot feathers. The scalloping of the rubber vains doesn' t seem to effect the flight of the arrow.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:50 PM

.....that' s a load of crap because I bet every rest put on a hunting bow is modified in some way to silence it or make it more effective
Every rest used by all bowhunters have been modified in some way????? You have to be joking!

All the rests on my 6 bows have never been modified. Two of the rests are 38-years old, two are 25-years old, and two are 10 and 11-years old. They were installed as they came from the manufacturer and simply adjusted.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:10 PM

Straightarrow

Just noticed your response. Get real!

In others word, what you are saying is....... or as I stated, and you should not put words in my mouth....

In other words, regardless of how the message was worded, certain statement(s) indicate that the rest does wear and often needs to be modifed to perform correctly, which also includes having to sand certain arrows.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:11 PM
CG

Huh...... I can see this is going nowwhere fast......We like it, you hate it. I guess I' ll leave it at that.......
Old 06-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903

Just curious , have you ever tried a whisker biscuit?

If you just cant bring yourself to purchase one because it appears like too much of a gimmick (it was hard for me too) , I' ll be more than happy to send you a droptine whisker biscuit to try out for the summer. Serious! I have the droptine WB and the Ultra WB. Let me know if your interested and I' ll email you.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everybody I will be getting the slotted whisker bis to put on my new
hoyt mt sport along with my new vital bow gear tombstone sight. This should
make a nice hunting set up.

THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS ROCK[:-]
Old 06-04-2003, 04:18 PM

Jag-mag you' ll never regret it.

Mrfishy if you wait you will only find yourself nextyear saying why didn' t I do this last year.

As for mine, it must be 3 years old, with no modifications, and with probably thousands of arrows through it and I' m still not able to find any wear areas. I do shoot feathers mostly and no real trouble unless the target works one loose at which point the rest will finish the job for ya.

c903, you have made my night, thanks for the laughs.

Got to go practice.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jag Mag you wont be sorry its a great rest , as stated before hunters who have used it love it because of the advantages it gives you in a hunting situation .It works great with feathers allso for anyone who' s woundering.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.