Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
caught a poacher! >

caught a poacher!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

caught a poacher!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default caught a poacher!

finally, after seeing signs of many poachers over the last couple years and recently putting the pressure on another one, we finally caught one.

my hunting partner was sitting in a stand near the road and he watched a couple of big toms work infront of his stand and towards the road. a truck came down the road and skidded to a stop. he heard them arguing about if the turkey was close enough to kill. then...boom! pellets hit all over the tree he was in. the other one yelled, see, i told you he was too far. they continued to drive back and forth as my buddies regrouped and got in their truck.

my 2 buddies drove around the property till they saw the truck driving past. terry skidded to a stop right after passing and wrote down the lisence plate number. when they saw terry hanging out the window writing down the lisence plate number they hammered it, but it was too late. terry called the police and the game warden right away. they waited at his house for him to get home and charged him with everything possible at our request.

the police said they had troubble with the guy before but weren't able to do anything to him, the were happy to be able to get him this time.

had he killed the turkey, he would have had to cross our fence. i would have been more than happy to prosecute to the fullest extent... maybe next time.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

jus shooting accross a fence line here is unlawful!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW

poachers are like bear..they are territorial..they don want another on their turf, they are usually local...hunt there, live there or have ken around etc .etc., so this is prolly the guy been poachin your land fer years!!!

congrats
Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

glad you got him. Hate pouchers. Let me catch one i would gladly turn them in. Here you get like 1k for doing it.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Great job! I love it... bust every single one of them~!

Will you have him mounted? If so, post pics
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bscofield
Great job! I love it... bust every single one of them~!

Will you have him mounted? If so, post pics
yes, he will be mounted very well. i will call the guys at the jail and make sure he gets mounted with a tender touch. lol!

Last edited by vmartin; 11-09-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
glad you got him. Hate pouchers. Let me catch one i would gladly turn them in. Here you get like 1k for doing it.
wow, i wish we had that here. i could make a living from patroling my properties. i will be patroling day and night when rifle season starts.

it is pretty bad in kansas. i am getting the word out in the area that we aren't screwing around and there is no slaps on the wrist anymore.

just this weekend, i caught the neighboring property owner stealing my stand that was 10 to 20 yards onto my property. he confessed to stealing it and i told him that he needed to give it back right away. no answer was given to weither he was going to bring it back. i will give him till this weekend and then tape record him saying that he stole it so i can bring the police into the matter.

there are few decent hunters in my area???
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice story! Hopefully your problems will be fixed.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
NTO
Spike

Out here in rural new york, we don't turn poachers in. The law is too easy on them. We drag them out back where the howling of the coyotes overpower there screams!!! LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Good job! Much props...thankfully I don't have that problem around here.

Congrats