HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - caught a poacher!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 AM
vmartin
Fork Horn

Default caught a poacher!

finally, after seeing signs of many poachers over the last couple years and recently putting the pressure on another one, we finally caught one.

my hunting partner was sitting in a stand near the road and he watched a couple of big toms work infront of his stand and towards the road. a truck came down the road and skidded to a stop. he heard them arguing about if the turkey was close enough to kill. then...boom! pellets hit all over the tree he was in. the other one yelled, see, i told you he was too far. they continued to drive back and forth as my buddies regrouped and got in their truck.

my 2 buddies drove around the property till they saw the truck driving past. terry skidded to a stop right after passing and wrote down the lisence plate number. when they saw terry hanging out the window writing down the lisence plate number they hammered it, but it was too late. terry called the police and the game warden right away. they waited at his house for him to get home and charged him with everything possible at our request.

the police said they had troubble with the guy before but weren't able to do anything to him, the were happy to be able to get him this time.

had he killed the turkey, he would have had to cross our fence. i would have been more than happy to prosecute to the fullest extent... maybe next time.