Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Holy crap batman thats alot of money. >

Holy crap batman thats alot of money.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Holy crap batman thats alot of money.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nybowhunter
If our wives only knew how much we spent on hunting.
My wife knows exactly what I've spent on hunting and she supports it 100 percent - not only because she want's me to do what I like to do, but because it's all give and take. I've never given it much thought, but since I started hunting again in 2006 I've picked up:

Yamaha Grizzly 660 (conviced the wife it was required for hunting)
Yamaha Wolverine 350 (her answer to my getting the Grizzly)
Mathews Drenalin #1
Mathews Drenalin #2(finally convinced her that a backup bow was a necessity)
A horse, saddle and tack (her answer to the bows and accessories)
Bear Montana longbow
2 Summit Viper SS climbers
1 Summit Openshot
Thompson Center Encore 700 Rem Mag with a 50 cal. muzzleloader barrel.
Nikon Monarch BDC Scope
Leupold scope for the M/L
A half mile of 3 rail fence with posts set in concrete with an electric fence(her answer to the guns and a lot of work on my part)
Leupold binoculars
Nikon 440 rangefinder
$1500 a year in lease fees and licenses
A 16x30 mini-barn with a hay loft and a stall for the horse (yep, her answer to the lease fees, licenses and misc. expenses this year and a lot more work on my part).

We don't even want to add in all the accessories, like sights, rests, arrows, heads, targets, etc.... You ain't doin' too bad, Tim.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

dang it Thought i was bad. I get alittle ticked when i tell someone how much i spent and they give me that well you buy the high tech gadgets that ant needed.
I have a bow a shotgun some camo, soon a muzzleloader, a rangefinder and a treestand. Sure theres a few other things but not to costly. Mainly my tags scent. My uncle is getting ready to move back up here. I told him we would need to go hunting. He told me he had to buy everything as it has been years since he hunted.
I told him how much i spent in 6 years. He said well you spend to much on the high tech stuff and costly stuff. Sure 500 is alot for a Muzzleloader. But he wont be shooting 250 yards with a 150 walmart special either.