Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Holy crap batman thats alot of money. >

Holy crap batman thats alot of money.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Holy crap batman thats alot of money.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Holy crap batman thats alot of money.

I am sitting here at school talking about hunting. I got thinking about how much money i have spent on hunting.
I figured by the time i buy my muzzleloader this week i will be at 7k for most of my hunting stuff for the last 6 years. thats not talking the 1500 i just paid for a 4x4 for hunting. Or the money i got in my bow most of which came from xmas the year i got my bow. So figure 8500 including the truck and another 500 for misc. stuff i forgot about. Since i have not killed a deer yet. Lets figure 7.00 a pound for a porterhouse tbone. As thats what i would rate deer meat at.
I could buy 1303 pounds of steak. Figure a pound a steak i could eat a 1 pound steak every year for 3 1/2 YEARS. Dam thats alot of money and alot of steak i could have been eating. Sad thing is i am still going to spend 800 bucks on the muzzleloader
Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

lol. yeah, if you dont have a place of your own to hunt then you can rack up the money pretty quick. I justify the money for my lease by saying its like a mini vacation every weekend when I go out there. Every worry in the world just floats away as you pull up to camp.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

i read something recently about how much money a hunter pays in a lifetime for hunting gear, as well as how much money it brings into the economy...my girlfriend laughs that all the "gadgets, toys, calls, urine, scent spray" is all worth it when we eat backstraps...i couldn't agree more when doe tags are only $6.70 here in PA
Old 10-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love it to me it ant the killing. I just love to hunt. I have gotten to where i do not try and justify it. I love it and it cost alot. But i would rather hunt and spend 9k on hunting then 9k on meth or coke. I have been wanting some land might look into it this next year
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
But i would rather hunt and spend 9k on hunting then 9k on meth or coke.
No comparison to meth or coke. That stuff isn't nearly as addicting as hunting.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
No comparison to meth or coke. That stuff isn't nearly as addicting as hunting.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

dont worry...you'll keep spending...and spending..and spending...it doesnt really stop...slows down some after the initial cost of getting started..IF you buy good gear to start with...

alot of hunters make the mistake, myself included, of buying cheaper, lower quality gear when they are new to it...good idea at the time if they arent sure if they want to be a hunter for life...but you spend all the money on that gear...then double that on the better gear...you spent a pile of money you coulda saved...

ive never tried or cared to calcualte how much i spend on hunting and fishing gear....doesnt matter to me one bit....

being i hunt and fish for pretty much everything PA has, and some things PA doesnt have, i got ALOT of gear...i got saltwater gear and PA doesnt have a lick of salt water lol...

i remember a night i was heading out to pick up the hounds and chase them around coon hunting for a while...it was Christmas break and i hunted with the hounds nearly every nite...mon finally said "do you have to go hunting every nite??" i said "oh no mom...i'll call my buddies and we'll raise hell all nite at the bar..we'll close the place down and come home and throw a fielder and we'll probably pass out when the suns comin up..." her reply....."oh no! go coon hunting..becareful..have fun...see you at 11 or so.." when im coon hunting im typically home at 11 or 12 after im done...

alot worse things to spend money and time on....
Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

LOL see my signature........
Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Its definitely not a cheap sport/hobby. You spend all that money to hunt and then when you are successfull hopefully you get to spend more money at the taxidermist!!!!!!!!!!lol
Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default No doubt

Its not a cheap sport.

Big Buck on my Wall. (PRICELESS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.