Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
how to use tink smokin sticks >

how to use tink smokin sticks

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how to use tink smokin sticks

Old 10-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default how to use tink smokin sticks

i tried to use tinks smokin sticks,i made the smoker and everything. but when i light it and then blow it out it doesnt keep smokin. any tips on what im doin wrong. and if anyone could tell me the correct way to use them that would be great
Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 AM
Spike

Default smokin'

When you light the smokin stick- it's just like a cigar- get it ignited and let it burn for about 10 seconds.

Once you see some white, blow out the flame and you'll see it smolder. Blow on the smoldering "cigar" and it will brighten, but not reignite. Now it will only smolder.

If you leave it flaming it will burn out too quickly.

I brought a doe in with a curiosity smoking stick this weekend. She would of tasted good, but the limb I center punched didn't taste too good.

I have had great success with the curiosity. I haven't had success with the rut stick. Before Tink's carried these I bought them from the inventor- he had an A & B pack--- you couldn't beat that combo. I literally shot bucks with their head on the bucket.

Don't use these without the bucket- first they will smolder too quickly, second there is a possibility of a fire. That would ruin your hunt.