Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
hunting truck what color >

hunting truck what color

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting truck what color

Old 10-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default hunting truck what color

I bought a 1985 chevy 3/4 4x4 again this one is stock and in alot better shape.
I am going to college and the auto shop will do the work on it for nothing i just buy the parts. So i am going to overhaul it top to bottom for nearly nothing. One thing i plan to do is a body restore and paint. I am alittle lost on what to do for paint. My first thought was some walmart special camo paint in a spray can. but since i will do the complete restore i am thinking a pro. paint shop. What kind of paint should i do. It will be my fishing, hunting, hauling truck. I am unsure if i can get the army camo to look right even with a pro painting it most seem to look like a redneck had some paint, some beer, and some time on the weekend. which i do not want
Here are my choices.

Cherry red to match my 07.
Black because it is black.
Army green woodsy type camo.
Black or red with the hunting camo rocker panel cover things.
Last the desert camo.
I might end up showing the truck if it is nice enough when i get done. So a could paint shop is a must but i want something that will stick out.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

I love the 1980's chevs... so easy to work on and drive great! I would go black. The auto shop is doing the labor for FREE?!? Take advantage and deck that thing out!! I would go Black. Or a Darker Cherry Red. Thats how most of them were back in the day. Cherry Red with the Cream rocker stripe would be cool as well. Type in 1985 chevy (or any other years as well) to check out some of the colors they have. Certain colors don't belong on certain trucks.

My 2003 Sivlerado is black. The nice thing with black is that you can add a little chrome to make it look more slick.

Goodluck, get some pics asap.!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah do, Black with the silver rockerpanel, that was original and is HAWT.. I like that body style,,,and oh yeah post up some PIC's...

-Nick