Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TRX or MAGNA TECH? >

TRX or MAGNA TECH?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRX or MAGNA TECH?

Old 05-25-2003, 07:52 PM

Default TRX or MAGNA TECH?

Which is the better over all hunting bow? Fred Bear TRX of Hoyt Magna Tech? I' m just asking because i own the TRX and was thinking about switching to the Magna Tech. Is this a good idea or should i just stay with the TRX Thanks!
Old 05-26-2003, 07:36 AM

Default RE: TRX or MAGNA TECH?

Last fall, I was at a big sporting goods store and made an impulse buy on a Fred Bear TRX. I agonized over the purchase for a week or two after doing some research on the internet, so I broke down and went to a bow shop, where I shot a bunch of bows, including the TRX. I ended up returning the TRX and buying a Hoyt MagnaTec. The deciding factor for me was how much more quiet the MagnaTec was versus the TRX. I' ve been shooting the MagnaTec for about 8 months now and have been very satisfied. The MagnaTec seems like a very good entry level bow. I used to hunt with a bow when I was a kid and after about a 15 year layoff, I' m getting back into it. I' ll probably trade up for a higher end bow in the coming years, but the MagnaTec works just fine for me know.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not familiar with the Magna Tech and don' t really care too and the reason being is my TRX works just fine for me, Even as a finger shooter, if the arrow doesn' t hit the bull, its usually not the bows fault. I have my bow set up strictly for bowhunting, useing Eastons xx75s 2314' s, shafts @65lbs. In useing feathers I noticed noise, but in useing vanes it quieted it down quite a bit, as a matter of fact I don' t even have any silencers on the string, not sure if I really will either. When I first got the bow I changed out the 75% moduals to 65% let-off to qualify for when I shoot my Pope/Young. I got last years model and is a few inches longer the the TRX32. It just depends on what you want, if one bow worked for every one, we wouldn' t need as many as we have now on the market.
I would hate to debate your question that one with Bill Jordan.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:17 PM

Check out the PSE Firestorm Lite, its sweeeeeeet!