Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
NY opener, how did everyone do? >

NY opener, how did everyone do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY opener, how did everyone do?

Old 10-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY opener, how did everyone do?

Well, how did everyone do for the opening day in NY? I saw one small 6 point about 100 yards out. Then I heard a deer blowing in the distance. I'm thinking, it cant possibly be blowing at me, it's sounds to far away. Then 10 minutes later, I see a bobcat walk out from that direction, cool to see but he ruined my morning. after that I figure my morning was junk. Sat for a little bit longer, in the rain no less. I will be glad when this weather breaks. I will be hunting all next week, I figure Monday to be the best day.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Yea it was cold in the southern tier. I spooked a deer getting situated in my climber and then did not see anything the rest of the morning. It was snowing and raining the entire morning. I dont think they were moving too much in that stuff. Im going out tomorrow afternoon again and then Monday morning.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

1st ever deer hunt with a bow. Saw alot of does, grunted, heard a loud!! snort-Wheeze from behind me. Grunted again but he must have walked around me. Well heres to tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing tonight...rained the whole time...woods wet...have to keep looking around to try and see them before they sneak up...but saw nothing. Did see one while walking out and another one while driving out in the car...but that was it.Had a good wind as well. Glad it's drying out this week
Old 10-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Fork Horn

WOW, did no one do any good yesterday?? The weather did suck, lets hope today is better.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default I connected

I filled a QDM permit last nite. 14 minutes on stand!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted till around 11am, saw nothing. Left to run to grab lunch and a doe and spike came from where I just had left. Sat the afternoon and didn't see anything. Today my uncle shot a small 8 point, my dads sitting in the stand I was in yesterday morning and had two small yearling bucks go by, and my other uncle couldn't get a shot at a decent buck...and here I sit in my stand, haven't seen a thing.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

I saw or heard nothing all day saturday except squirrels...but then this morning (sunday) my dad woke me up around 830 and tells me there are two deer in our back field

I couldn't believe it...I told him I hated him for telling me that then I went back to bed.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

So far in three sets between three of us we saw 25 deer of which 8 were bucks. One nice 9 point that we have yet to get on the trail camera, but saw him alot during the summer and a pair of 12-14 inch 8 points. We think the 9 is somewhere in the 130's so hope we get a tape on him.

Last night and this morning I heard alot of doe bleating and had her at 35 yards. She went on for about a hour, but never brought anything into sight.

Back out at 3pm
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

We went in - my husband and I - around 2pm. We hunt right behind our home where we see deer ALL the time. All I wanted was a shot at a a doe for some chili, but we only saw 2 deer, couldn't even tell what they were. We also heard a loud blow, actually twice, and my husband cannot believe it was because of us because we are scent control fantics - showers, scent free towels and everything else and then Scent Lok, so he is upset about that, but we get coyotes on the trail cam all the time and see them in the day time out our window, so maybe one was walikng around that we didn't see. All in all, it was very disappointing because we have no venison to butcher or eat, but then there's next Saturday! It was GREAT to be out there again though. No other feeling like it out there in this whole world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.