Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
NY opener, how did everyone do? >

NY opener, how did everyone do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY opener, how did everyone do?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Spike

Default opening day buck

I didn't do to bad. At 7:47 a doe came in to about 20 yrds, then all was calm in the woods until 8:40 when this guy rolls up. I heard some crunching behind me. I turned and looked and seen a shooter 8 pt coming my way. He came out at 18 yards and stood there looking around and took one in the lungs. Great double lung hit. He turned and went back the same way he came from and I watched him for as long as I could, the saw him turn and then he was out of sight. A couple of secs after that I heard him crash. He ended up making it 100 yards back into the woods.

Cliff notes:
8 pt
14 1/2" inside spread
195 lbs on the hoof

Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Opening weekend

I saw a small five pointer Sat. AM, Nothing SAt eve.
Last night (Sunday) I saw eight different deer. A Wide 4-point, small four point, A brown Spike, A white spike, a white doe w/ two fawns (one brown and one white) and a brown doe.....I got a clip of the white spike....Now how do I upload?

http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...=WhiteDeer.flv

http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/z...WhiteDeer2.flv

Last edited by Outdoorcountry; 10-19-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Trying to upload video
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

great looking buck congrats
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on that 8 point!
I went Sat. AM... had a deer blowing at me in the dark. Don't know what it was. Went back out that afternoon. Had a coyote light up about 40 yards past me and scare the crap out of me! Then had a deer come in at dark... couldn't see it.
Went again last PM... had 8 coyotes come in to my set. I have never seen that many together at once... ruined my night...
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Spike

all together, i saw 9 does, but didnt have a chance at them. my dad connected on a doe later on. my grandpa called me and said he saw a big buck and a doe walking in their field, guess where i'm going hunting tomorrow?!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Fork Horn

WTG syclone!!! Nice looking buck.... I have saw NOTHING!!!! opening day I saw 1 small 6 point 100 yards away. Then I heard a deer blowing in the distance. Didn't figure it was blowing at me, it was to far away. Then 10 min later or so, out steps a bobcat at 70 yards. I 3 days straight and have saw nothing more. I checked my trail cam that I have set up by my ground blind and have lots of doe's, a couple racoon's, and a fox. All after dark. Nothing on the cam in the morning, all are about 7:15 to 7:30pm. I hope they start moving around more soon... This weekend is going to suck as far as weather. They are calling for rain again all weekend. Grrrrrrrr.......