Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
stuck one.... need some imput: UPDATED >

stuck one.... need some imput: UPDATED

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stuck one.... need some imput: UPDATED

Old 10-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great lookin buck! Good job backing out and giving him time and also on the tracking job. Congrats!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome! Great job! You did the right thing and got rewarded for it.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on finding your deer! I'm suprised he moved off as far as he did, after bedding. You did everything right, great job, and great deer!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Tom! That is a great buck. I didnt know that you had never gotten a buck with your bow.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great job on the recovery. Nice buck too!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Job and CONGRATS!! Thats a great Deer!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Congrats on finding your deer! I'm suprised he moved off as far as he did, after bedding. You did everything right, great job, and great deer!

X2
GREAT JOB

i told you wouldn't get much sleep!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FF/EMT
Hey guys and gals

I shot a nice 10 point tonight about 1830. He was standing broadside at 30 yards. I think i hit him a little bit further back than i wanted. After i shot he only ran about 60 yards, stopped looked around for a couple minutes then proceeded to trot another 60 - 70 yards before hunching up tucking his tail between his legs and stopping again, it was getting dark so i couldnt tell if he layed down or what, he was standing in about 4 foot high CRP. I waited til it got completely dark found my arrow, which was the opposite direction of what he ran and then backed out. When i found my arrow it was covered in dark red blood with what looked like a bunch of clots on my vanes, I am thinking a liver hit, what do you guys think?

p.s the arrow was a complete pass through tipped with a 2 inch rage. I couldnt smell and feces or stomach matter on the arrow.

Thanks for any input

Tom

UPDATE :

After about 3 hours of sleep we went out this morning and after a 2 1/2 hour track job we found him! He had bedded right where I last seen him last night then gotten up and bedded 2 more times before he finaly crossed a creek and we lost his blood trail. When he crossed the creek he went into some of the thickest nastiest cover around, not being able to find any blood i just skirted the creek knowing gut hit deer will seek out water and i have always heard bucks like to bed where they can here water running. After about a half hour of following the edge of the creek i found him, bedded right next to the water about 15 yards from a beaver dam. I hit him back even further than i thought, i did hit liver but mostly guts. He is a 10 point scores 138 5/8, not the biggest deer bet not to shabby for my first bow buck.
THATS AWSOME!!! Great job staying with it and fining him. Great buck!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

congratulations, im happy you found him thats a nice buck
Old 10-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.