Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand? >

What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Last season i was in my stand as the sun was starting to fade, when i see these two bucks about 150 yards out. The two bucks jumped a fence and entered into a hayfield. Since it was about time for me to climb down anyways, i thought that maybe i would walk over to the hayfield edge and see if i could see them out grazing and possibly get a shot. So here i am trying to be as quiet as possible when all of a sudden i hear movement coming down the fence line at about 15 yards. I freeze and look straight ahead into the field opening, waiting to see these two bucks walk right in front of me. All of a sudden this nasty looking coyote jumps into the little opening that i'm standing in and starts snarling and growling at me. I think it saw those two bucks come into the field and then it heard me coming in and thought that i was another deer. This thing stood at 10 yards licking it's lips until i started to lift my bow and then it bolted.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by chevymanar
Dude I would have to clean my pants out after that.
Chev, let's just say i had to rewash my scent blocker suit
Old 10-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funniest:
I went hunting one evening and I had the flu. All day was spent on the toilet but I wasn't to be detered. I climbed a tree with my climber and set up. All of a sudden there was a rumbling down below. I puckered my cheeks and set the new world record for descending a tree. I hit the ground running with my butt puckered while I undid my pants. I could go no further so I dropped my pants and let loose. After I was done I stood up and looked around and saw a treestand almost directly above me. Thank God no one was there!
I think about it and always laugh picturing myself in that stand and having some guy come running wildly thru the woods undoing his pants and stopping and taking a power dump under me.