Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

silent camo

Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Spike

Default silent camo

the only camo I have crinkles pretty bad regardless of temperature. I'd almost be better off in a black sweatshirt and sweatpants as far as noise goes.

what kind of camo are you guys using that will keep you relatively warm in the northerner's deer season?

Thanks,

Paul
Old 10-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

95% of my hunting is done with Cabelas Silent Weave in 2XL so I can fit any amount of warm clothes under it. Silent Weave is very cheap, almost burr free, and it's pretty tough, yet very very quiet.
I have other camo (MT50 whitetail extreme), but it is much louder especially when walking through brush.
Easiest way to test it in a store, zip your fingernail along the fabric.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Handles
95% of my hunting is done with Cabelas Silent Weave in 2XL so I can fit any amount of warm clothes under it. Silent Weave is very cheap, almost burr free, and it's pretty tough, yet very very quiet.
I have other camo (MT50 whitetail extreme), but it is much louder especially when walking through brush.
Easiest way to test it in a store, zip your fingernail along the fabric.
cool man i will look into the silent weave. I'm 6'4'' so 2x would be just my size. :-D haha.

I have some realtree patterned bibs and a jacket and it's loud as ****, only a few decibels under a flipping early 90's windbreaker.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default .

Cabela's Revolution fleece dry-plus insulated jacket. I wear it with nothing but a t-shirt under it in 20 degree weather and still sweat. Bottoms get you a pair of Under Armour cold gear and cheap pants from Academy or the like. Good luck and God bless!!