Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
some people have no common sense >

some people have no common sense

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

some people have no common sense

Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Im not going to cause trouble im just going to hunt like he never even called me. I also told him that if he shoots a deer and it runs on the property im hunting he cant come get it. Simple as that. I want no conflict with the gentleman just some fellow hunter to hunter respect. I mean heck we could both put down some nice bucks if we worked together but he just wants them all to himself. But im not going to start any trouble becuse im young and it will all come back on me anyways. But i wont worry about him im just going to make the landowner of the ground i can hunt happy and stay in good with him. Talked to him earlier and im going to do a little work for him since he is older and doesnt get around like he used to he also said to not mind the other man he is an old crab.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

On a side note, since it seems this guy already has a beef with you being there, make sure your I's are dotted and T's are crossed. Hunting on someone elses tags will get in you trouble real fast. Have the land owner give you the money so the tags are in your name. This guy sounds like he is going to be looking for a reason to get you out of there.[/QUOTE]

This is a good tip

Please don't use your own tags because using someone elses tag is a BIG NO NO! Big Fines..... Also that will be Looking for something to get you out of there.

Other than that Tell him t **** off! Or just hit him with a stick
and call me and we can go celebrate
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

got to love guys like this....best way to handle them is to go along with it with a couple sarcastic "yes sirs" and "no problem sir" "whatever you say" , always seems to get them twice as rattled
Old 09-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

People hate it if you stay calm while they're all in a rage. And being calm in cooralation with sarcasm is a sure way for him to go completely looney, and if you keep your cool you'll end up with quite a show. If you wanna mess with him send me a pm and I'll tell you a great way to do so. Just remember. Stay calm and be sarcastic.... Overly sarcastic.... You'll be so far under his skin by that point he'll be having dreams about it.
Or just ignore him works too

Ryan.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you see the guy again tell him you gut shot two huge bucks but couldnt find them and that he should keep an eye out for them. Tell him you just want the racks anyway. That should get him going...
Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as you aren't on his land I would tell him to (choose the verb) off. Unfortunately, these days nothing surprises me. I can't believe that he starts laying rules down on an adjacent property.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
I would do my very best to avoid conflict. Nothing good is going to come from that. Since the man has already said you cannot cross lines to go after a downed deer, I would do my best to away from hunting the edges. However, with that being said, if I felt "the" spot I needed to be in was close to the line, I would hunt it in a heartbeat and just be prepared to get the law involved if one does cross.

As far as what I would have told this guy....I would have simply said thank you for calling, I will hunt this spot when and how I want since I have permission to do so. I would have left it at that.

On a side note, since it seems this guy already has a beef with you being there, make sure your I's are dotted and T's are crossed. Hunting on someone elses tags will get in you trouble real fast. Have the land owner give you the money so the tags are in your name. This guy sounds like he is going to be looking for a reason to get you out of there.

in texas this is not true, a land owner can contact the state and say there r too many der here and they either will or willnot give the land owner up to 200 tags to be taken off the property by who-ever he so chooses....

yo must have a declaration sayin you have permission to be hunting on the land , avalible through ur state games dept.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Dominant Buck

To heck with the other guy. Tough titties on his part. As for the tag thing. I would make sure it is legal. Here in Texas it is illegal to use another presons tags. The only way to do it in Texas is to get special tags or special permints. Which you have to prove that the animals are a neusense first. Which is pretty hard to do.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 09-30-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

deer dude

shooting aint gonna affect his area, if anything, the deer will go on his property to get away from the bloodshed u r providing, sounds like he just want 1st dibs and he wishes the guy asked him to kill em...i am in with the sarcasim, but remember, whatever happens aint worth ur life...and an cxcavator can dig a 17 foot hole in under 10 minutes..that bein said i would jus go about ur buisness and not worry bout what mo and curley think....definatly cross ur T's and dor ur I's because its the law ehhhh.

if there is a confrontation ...call the cops, unless ya have an excavator
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

This reminds me of a story that a friend and adjacent land owner told me a couple of years ago. We had some people lease some land that was adjacent to both of our land/leases. This friend of ours has a ground blind adjacent to the creek that borders his land and the newbie's lease. He also has the best White Oak stand in the area. Newbie puts up a feeder and stand on his side of the creek then tells our friend that he has to move his ground blind. He is doing this by walking across the creek on to friend's land. Friend tells him he is trespassing and please leave. I guess by that time Newbie had figured out he had crossed the line, literally and figuratively.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.