Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe #2!

Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Great job on another great doe jenna
Old 09-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Banned

There are many people who only shoot young does with their doe tags as
1. They are tender and easy to drag out
2. They like a huge deer population and if you shoot a mature, old doe....then you have just taken a deer out of the breeding stock that was producing triplets and or twins each spring. A yearling or young doe only produces one off spring...so if you like a huge deer pop in your area...then don't shoot mature does until they get real old and quit producing large litters.

Bottom line, when people start paying your bills and send monthly checks to your mailbox, then worry about their opinions. Until then, let it roll like water off of a ducks butt.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna awsome job, that Hoyt of your must be a good luck charm..Congrats, Hope to see a buck on the ground next!!

-NICK
Old 09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Spike

I guess if you like small portions of meat you might get 40 pounds of meat off a yearling myself I wouldnt waste the money on permits and arrows and energy for such a small amount of meat I think it has more to do with lazyness not being able to drag a mature deer cause I have yet to bite in to a 3 year old buck that isnt chewable.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Spike

Is this your first year bow hunting? I assume not with the range finder and the what I think is scent lock clothing but hard to tell. Anyways congrats.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by buckmasterRob
Hi Jenna,
First off I will say nice kill but I would also like to point something out to you,what you have there is not a doe you have a yearling baby deer not yet a doe I would ask that in the future you make better judgment and pass these little tykes up give there bones a chance to grow,not only will it be ethical to the deer but you will get 2 times the amount of meat,I am by no means telling you how or what to hunt but myself I cant get to the point where I have to shoot such a young animal I have a friend that does this and it pisses me off because he chooses to do it in my hunting area knowing that my rule is mature does 150 pounds plus and bucks that are atleast 8 points and 175 pounds,again not trying to take away from your success but like I said let them grow a bit you will be alot happier with the meat you get.
As far as your credibility goes..............: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...275-funny.html

'nuff said...
Old 09-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

good job bud! as far as buckmasterrob or whatever his name is, the average 3.5 year old deer in MY area dressed out at about 90 lbs. I've seen the deer in her area, and thats definitly a good sized one. Not huge, but hey, who wants to drag out a 150 lb deer when its 80 degrees out.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Nice doe! Hope my arrows are as true. I was just in Northern KY.... beautiful country.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buckmasterRob
I guess if you like small portions of meat you might get 40 pounds of meat off a yearling myself I wouldnt waste the money on permits and arrows and energy for such a small amount of meat I think it has more to do with lazyness not being able to drag a mature deer cause I have yet to bite in to a 3 year old buck that isnt chewable.
Real men shoot big deer!!! Ugh ugh! Wish I wasn't so weak.. Then I could shoot large
ature long lived aged animals. Guess I'll need to start eAting my wheaties
Old 09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the 2nd Nanny, great job

Go get that Buck now

It sucks not being able to hunt just yet i have to wait til Oct 3rd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.