Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe #2!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Spike

Hi Jenna,
First off I will say nice kill but I would also like to point something out to you,what you have there is not a doe you have a yearling baby deer not yet a doe I would ask that in the future you make better judgment and pass these little tykes up give there bones a chance to grow,not only will it be ethical to the deer but you will get 2 times the amount of meat,I am by no means telling you how or what to hunt but myself I cant get to the point where I have to shoot such a young animal I have a friend that does this and it pisses me off because he chooses to do it in my hunting area knowing that my rule is mature does 150 pounds plus and bucks that are atleast 8 points and 175 pounds,again not trying to take away from your success but like I said let them grow a bit you will be alot happier with the meat you get.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Spike

i shoot any thing that doesnt have spots , the smallest deer ive shot is 50 pounds not field dressed ,,,imo they are the best eatin,, the deer are so thick in our area that it dont matter,,,,they are so many people that just antler hunt and dont shot does ,,i dont care i am a meat hunter ,,,,by the way congrats on the deer ,,,my season starts oct 1
Old 09-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on Nice Deer Missy. Buckmasterbob needs an attitude adjustment.
Like I said-nice Deer, especially for KY.
I think a site monitor should delete his post.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buckmasterRob
Hi Jenna,
First off I will say nice kill but I would also like to point something out to you,what you have there is not a doe you have a yearling baby deer not yet a doe I would ask that in the future you make better judgment and pass these little tykes up give there bones a chance to grow,not only will it be ethical to the deer but you will get 2 times the amount of meat,I am by no means telling you how or what to hunt but myself I cant get to the point where I have to shoot such a young animal I have a friend that does this and it pisses me off because he chooses to do it in my hunting area knowing that my rule is mature does 150 pounds plus and bucks that are atleast 8 points and 175 pounds,again not trying to take away from your success but like I said let them grow a bit you will be alot happier with the meat you get.

Why in the heck would you come on a put down someone else's LEGAL harvest which is helping the population controll in HER area that has NOTHING to do with you.It is not up to YOU to decide what is ETHICAL for her.

Did you even realize that as doe's mature,they get smaller.

Get over the elitist attitude.

Again,NICE DOE Jenna.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I live in an area where some of the BIGGEST DEER in the world live-Bucks & Does. 150#s is a VERY big Doe in ANY woods.
I've been Bowhunting 53 years now & there are so many things that P*** me off, but other than Politics, I keep em to myself.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Spike

I appoligize if I cam off as rrude I was just trying to help her make better judgement in the future we have all been there in the beggining of our hunting career I can remember I would hunt and shoot anything that walked because I thought I had to impress my friends and show them that I could kill every deer I seen but I learned in a hurry that was no way to go about my hunting I am 26 now and have been only harvesting mature deer for the past 5 years and already I can see a stronger and healthier deer herd,you dont have a litter of baby hogs and butcher them at 30 pounds you wait patiently until they are at the proper weight,I will say it once again congrads and a nice kill im glad to see a woman out hunting but was only offering you a tip the end results will be well worth there weight in gold.I never once said it was about the antlers I am a meat hunter to but if I am going to harvest one its going to be mature and sure to fill the freezer half full I dont go for that there more tender crap.I hope you arent offended but thats just the way I see it.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I appoligize if I cam off as rrude I was just trying to help her make better judgement in the future we have all been there in the beggining of our hunting career I can remember I would hunt and shoot anything that walked because I thought I had to impress my friends and show them that I could kill every deer I seen but I learned in a hurry that was no way to go about my hunting I am 26 now and have been only harvesting mature deer for the past 5 years and already I can see a stronger and healthier deer herd,you dont have a litter of baby hogs and butcher them at 30 pounds you wait patiently until they are at the proper weight,I will say it once again congrads and a nice kill im glad to see a woman out hunting but was only offering you a tip the end results will be well worth there weight in gold.I never once said it was about the antlers I am a meat hunter to but if I am going to harvest one its going to be mature and sure to fill the freezer half full I dont go for that there more tender crap.I hope you arent offended but thats just the way I see it.

Her judgement is fine because it is her decision to make,not yours.The deer herd needs to be kept in check and we all make a personal decision on what we want to shoot.

I have been hunter longer than you are old and I have taken mature deer and babies and will continue to take any deer "I" see fit,you do the same.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Spike

Well thats fine thats your choice if you like getting deer the size of a coyote then great.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Jenna, your on fire
Old 09-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well thats fine thats your choice if you like getting deer the size of a coyote then great.
That's the idea!!!
The impact is no different if u shoot ten yr old does or spotted fawns. I know mNy people who have been hunting since the 70's AndI've been doing homework since I stopped talking to u 80's and still CHOOSE to shoot smaller deer bc of their tenderness. Shooting mature deer makes u no better than them or anyone else as long as it's legAl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.