Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
400 dollars for NY instate License. >

400 dollars for NY instate License.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

400 dollars for NY instate License.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 400 dollars for NY instate License.

My dad and the family went to buy license this year, and he ended up having to spend almost 400 bucks for the family. Not to mention 30 bucks for DMP tags that not one of us got a tag for.

Are they trying to make hunting for the upper class only?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Yea I know whats u mean its getting pricey
Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Fork Horn

Ya you got to love Gov Paterson.......Doe tags use to be free when you bought a sportsman licance. Now no matter what you have to pay $10 for a doe tag and that doent mean you will get one...... pathetic!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Spike

Seriously considering the lifetime license. Lot of money up front but it will be worth it in the long run.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by db73
Seriously considering the lifetime license. Lot of money up front but it will be worth it in the long run.
Get it while the getting is good. I got mine from Indiana. There ended the lifetime licenses, but the old ones are grandfathered in. Cost me $525. I was 27 when I bought mine. I am 35 now. Resideent tags are $25.00 each ( 2 archery,firearm and ML, initial doe tag, spring turkey, fall turkey) general hunting is $17 and the habitat stamp is $6. With the tags I buy my lifetime was paid for in my 4th year.

Indiana jumped their license fees so much when I bought mine, from $13 to $25. They announced this change about 6 months prior to it taking affect. At the time the lifetime was a derivative of the general hunting license. So everyone with half a brain did the math and bought a lifetime license even if they had to take out a personal loan at the bank. The IDNR was processing up to 1000 lifetime licenses a day in the last few months prior to the fee increase. after the increase they allowed no more lifetime purchases. Bascically, the IDNR screwed themselves out of several generations of money because they greedily wanted to increase the fees so drastically. Did not think thweir plan through very well IMO.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I love Texas, just bought my super combo, hunting, archery stamp, migratory birds, fishing everything except a federal duck stamp which cost 15.00.. All for 68.00. I will buy a non resident license for Oklahoma for 260.00 which is not bad.

I hate to see that you guys have to pay that much. That's ridiculous!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

$400 for 1 license?!?!?!?!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I spent $290 for all the hunting and fishing though costly I utilize it to the fullest extent.

I remember spending $100 for the deer and archery tags.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know im not in NY but here in De it just went up, it was $12.50 for a license last year (which includes 2 doe, and 2 antlerless tags) and then it was $10 for @ buck tags..not bad, now this year it is $25 for the license and 10$ for the buck tags. I am by no means complanning cause 400 dollers is rediculious to hunt, But i think every state has gone up this year...

-NICK
Old 09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

The price of $290 is the non-resident license price, way lower for residents.

I look at it like this archery/muzzleloader buck tag, archery/muzzleloader doe tag, Regular season buck tag, DMAP (doe tag), 2 fall turkey tags, 2 Spring Gobbler tags, small game license and fishing license....alot of hunting for that 290.

Not to mention that Small game comes in Sept 1st and we can hunt on Sunday.....a little hard on a marriage it could be.

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818
I know im not in NY but here in De it just went up, it was $12.50 for a license last year (which includes 2 doe, and 2 antlerless tags) and then it was $10 for @ buck tags..not bad, now this year it is $25 for the license and 10$ for the buck tags. I am by no means complanning cause 400 dollers is rediculious to hunt, But i think every state has gone up this year...

-NICK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.