Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
400 dollars for NY instate License. >

400 dollars for NY instate License.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

400 dollars for NY instate License.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the NYS Sportsman's Lifetime License a few months ago for $50 . When I went to the Town Clerk's office Aug 17 , I paid another $42 for the Archery & ML permits . Got both DMPs at no cost . Next year it should only cost me the $42 .........
Old 09-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by elkhuntinut
The price of $290 is the non-resident license price, way lower for residents.

I look at it like this archery/muzzleloader buck tag, archery/muzzleloader doe tag, Regular season buck tag, DMAP (doe tag), 2 fall turkey tags, 2 Spring Gobbler tags, small game license and fishing license....alot of hunting for that 290.

Not to mention that Small game comes in Sept 1st and we can hunt on Sunday.....a little hard on a marriage it could be.
That same amount of license purchases for a non resident in Indiana would cost you $975 (2 archery,1 firearm,1 ML 1 spring Turkey,1 Fall Turkey, Small Game, Fishing). We don't get a lot of out of state hunters here.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

But I have heard the deer hunting is good in Indiana..had a friend "try it out" and they did quite well.

Originally Posted by teedub31
That same amount of license purchases for a non resident in Indiana would cost you $975 (2 archery,1 firearm,1 ML 1 spring Turkey,1 Fall Turkey, Small Game, Fishing). We don't get a lot of out of state hunters here.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many got which license's?
It's $88 for the Super Sportsman - includes fishing, small game, big game, archery and mz. 3 deer tags, 4 turkey, 1 bear, all small game and all freshwater fish but trout ($10 stamp). Can also have up to 2 dmp tag's signed over if available. $10 to apply for 2 dmp's from tje lottery.

27 cents a day over the year - a soda or coffee is at least a $1.50 in the convenience store.

Steve
Old 09-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mossberghunter93
$400 for 1 license?!?!?!?!

No. if you get EVERYTHING, it is less than 100. Which gets you 4 turkeys, 4 deer, fishing, small game, predators, etc. small price to pay as far as i'm concerned.

it ain't 1949 anymore....
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by moose1915
No. if you get EVERYTHING, it is less than 100. Which gets you 4 turkeys, 4 deer, fishing, small game, predators, etc. small price to pay as far as i'm concerned.

it ain't 1949 anymore....
If that's the way it is that is very good compared to some Beats the heck out of Ohio where you get one deer tag for about 150 bucks additional tags up to six, only usable in certain portions of the state will add another 100 or so. Add into that mix the state for as big as it is has about 650,000 deer. Mich. has had as many as, get this, 1,000,000 more.

Turkeys at 24 bucks a tag and plenty of restriction they can keep as far as I'm concerned.

Your right this isn't 49. Then the herds were small and the hunters heavily restricted. Today the herds are to the point of being destruction on a large scale and the hunter a necessary tool to control that. Said it before, hunters should pic a year or two and just sit it out.

If the states need more from the hunter they should get it from those who benefit from us like the insurance company's just to name one. They are in essence hiring us through the state to benifit their business.

Google a little burb in Toledo Ohio called Ottawa Hills. Been watching their deer problem for a few years, just read they hired some swat team to come in. They are beginning to pay for killing animals. They didn't say that but that is exactly what they are doing. I like the sound of that! As much as it disturbs me hunters didn't get the shot I do see a silver lining.

There was a similar situation in a near by burb where bow hunters were used, but according to the article anti hunters ruined it for all but 2 and then it most likely wasn't a pleasant sit. This was why the hunter didn't get the nod.

Let them animals breed and run wild. Anti hunters will still be anti hunters but, and this is a big but, they will be greatly disliked by society and most likely run out anytime they act up. The hunter, will be seen as the good guy being paid and protected for their service.

Don't forget this, many people have not the maturity or stomach to harvest animals year after year.

I should clarify this, in state license isn't 150 it's I think 19+tags. Out of state is 150 all together, one license and one deer tag. I go other places and get multiple tags of different animals for that money. (After reading this calrification I should get a job writing for the game laws. I'm just about as clear as the mud they put out in their publications.

Last edited by nodog; 09-07-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Geesh and I thought $24.00 was high for a hunting license.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Wow and I thought the Common Wealth of VA was bad, they went from 12.50 to 15.00 to 18.00 in the last four years. Thats eighteen a piece and its broken down into four licenses. 1 for small game(dove,squirel,fox,ect..) 2 for Archery, 3 for black poweder, and 4 four big game(deer, turkey, bear) but the kick is in order to get your archery or black powder you have to have the big game as well!! Im looking into the lifetime license myself. Its $255 right now for my age group (12-44) and the price goes down for each different age bracket. I think the 65 and over is like $15....
Old 09-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Wow and I thought the Common Wealth of VA was bad, they went from 12.50 to 15.00 to 18.00 in the last four years. Thats eighteen a piece and its broken down into four licenses. 1 for small game(dove,squirel,fox,ect..) 2 for Archery, 3 for black poweder, and 4 four big game(deer, turkey, bear) but the kick is in order to get your archery or black powder you have to have the big game as well!! Im looking into the lifetime license myself. Its $255 right now for my age group (12-44) and the price goes down for each different age bracket. I think the 65 and over is like $15....

You guys are not one of the bad ones tag wise.

State has it all except for the land including an over abundant population of anti hunters and a crazy no sunday hunting which when added all up keeps most away. Your tags are great!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

i paid 10 for a youthresident license but even the adult resident is only 19 and the nonresident is like 25

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.