Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
400 dollars for NY instate License. >

400 dollars for NY instate License.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

400 dollars for NY instate License.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Prices here are crazy, I bought a lifetime sportmen and lifetime archery for about $425 back in the early 90's. The changes this year state that the only ones getting free doe tags are Lifetime Sportsmens prior to this year and youth tags, even my dad, a veteran and senoir citizen is expected to pay. If you can afford it get the lifetime, I'm seriously considering it for my 4 and 6 year olds, even if they just fish it will pay for itself in no time the way things are going. It just makes no sense to me when they want you to take does they all of the sudden start wanting to charge you for it, this Gov is a complete moron ,with him its all about revenue he has no clue when it comes to anywhere but the city ,his days are surely numbered.

Last edited by gromage1; 09-09-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

I was born & raised in the greater Rochester area - moved to FL in '86 & never looked back. I'm not slamming NY - still have a lot of friends & family there - but the taxes are insane IMHO. Down here I buy a Sportsmans Gold license for 100 bucks & it covers all scuba diving/spearfishing/lobstering/snook/bass/archery/muzzleloading/generalgun/deer/hog/smallgame/whatever. Plus I can hunt 6 months of the year here with 2 deer a day in season & fish 12 months without chipping holes in the ice. Not a bad trade in my book...